testtest

Idaho Murder Suspect Caught

Next time feel free to use my favorite line to get out of jury duty, “I’m an engineer, therefore, I hate anything that breathes”.😉
Oh I've used some good ones. Since I gotta take a day off work ( paid) and go up to the courthouse anyway I guess I'll at least hang out and see if it's interesting.

Seriously though I have told them countless times that I am the last mofo they want on a jury. I am heavily opinionated, always right and lack basic compassion for my fellow human beings. I will likely pick a side based on my gut feeling then totally ignore all the evidence and vote accordingly. :)

Agreed, they kept things pretty close to the vest and should be commended. During one of the press briefings a few weeks ago, the Chief said that they just didn't want an arrest, but to also ensure a solid conviction once an arrest was made. It had me wondering if they had a suspect in mind already, and just had to go through the process of proving he was there and had strong evidence to that effect. It's early after the arrest, but one news report mentioned that as he was arrested, he asked the arresting authorities if they had arrested anyone else. Not sure what that's all about, perhaps it's nothing more than fast and possibly inaccurate news reporting.
I say let the state present its case and hope that justice will prevail. This man is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. We should not expect anything less. We have to believe in the system and allow the state to do its job and not leave any doubts as to guilt. More information is on its way and soon the truth will come out.
1889994-Ravi-Zacharias-Quote-Justice-is-the-handmaiden-of-truth-and-when.jpg

I heard this afternoon during a press conference the local sheriff say something to the effect that the guy was in fact guilty. Not in those words but words to that effect, almost as if they had either an admission of guilt, or some iron clad evidence. Iron clad in the sense he felt secure in saying it. Other than that he was pretty defensive of his words, but never once suggested a trial was even necessary. Wish I could remember his exact wording, but they sure struck me. It just sounded so final/certain.

Could have just been a 'slip of the tongue' but careful as he was being it just didn't appear to be that.

I heard this afternoon during a press conference the local sheriff say something to the effect that the guy was in fact guilty. Not in those words but words to that effect, almost as if they had either an admission of guilt, or some iron clad evidence. Iron clad in the sense he felt secure in saying it. Other than that he was pretty defensive of his words, but never once suggested a trial was even necessary. Wish I could remember his exact wording, but they sure struck me. It just sounded so final/certain.

Could have just been a 'slip of the tongue' but careful as he was being it just didn't appear to be that.
Here's some food for thought ... There was a story a couple weeks back were one of the fathers (Goncalves), who said that they thought that there was more than one killer based on the autopsy results showing that there were 2 distinctly different stabbing techniques used. Then when this guy was arrested allegedly he asked investigators if anyone else had been apprehended as well. I am not an investigator and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express but I must say, something smells fishy. The investigation is still on-going so I am sure that if there was others involved that when he rolls over like a cheap watch other or others will be named.

False accusations happen and they do carry a lifetime stigma on the accused even when proven innocent especially when the crime was heinous in nature.

Richard Jewell was falsely accused for the Centennial Olympic Park bombing in 1996 and the media crucified this guy.

Example:
Richard Jewell ended up being a real life hero that day and helped save more lives before bomb went off.

The real bomber Eric Rudolph was finally captured 5 years later. To this day there are still plenty of people that believe Richard Jewell is the guy behind the bombing because they never did any follow up on the investigation and arrest of Eric Rudolph.

I'm not saying this guy that was arrested for the Idaho murders is innocent. I'm just saying people shouldn't be so quick to place the guilty verdict without any evidence presented yet. If this guy is guilty I'm all for capital punishment.

I watched an interview tonight on the news and I guess the chief of police of whatever police force that arrested the guy flat out said He's guilty. He did it. How are you going to find an impartial jury pool after that?

Having said that, in any case of first-degree murder or the person is proven guilty Beyond A Reasonable Doubt, barring extenuating circumstances, I support the death penalty

watched an interview tonight on the news and I guess the chief of police of whatever police force that arrested the guy flat out said He's guilty. He did it. How are you going to find an impartial jury pool after that?

Having said that, in any case of first-degree murder or the person is proven guilty Beyond A Reasonable Doubt, barring extenuating circumstances, I support the death penalty
That Sheriff had said early in the investigation that the reason that they weren't releasing information about the murders was that they wanted to ensure their investigation IDENTIFIED and CONVICTED the culprit. Who knows, perhaps they did the bare light bulb and rubber hose treatment and he has confessed, or they found the weapon when they tossed his apartment or car or they have matching DNA from the crime scene and haven't released that info. They did say that they had more evidenced that would not be released, I would posit that they got the goods...
Was discussing this with my trophy wife and she watches all them true crime shows and even she thinks that as a crimonology major perhaps he thought he could get away with it. They always get caught in the end because in the heat of the moment doing the act, they always make a mistake and leave behind a trace. Only question now is do they go for the death penalty or life without parole. I would think the first option.

Hard to believe a Sheriff would use the word guilty pertaining to a detained suspect in any circumstance. This could be a result from lack of training.

I want all the women in my family to be acutely aware of the facts of this case as a reminder of the existence of such evil predators among us. Most folks find it difficult to come to grips with the fact that these savages exist and need to have their eyes opened from time to time. Be aware.
My sister took her 23 year old daughter on a Carribean cruise over the holidays. They just got back last night. A few days ago they were in Roatan. They were told they would be with a group and were going to do some horseback riding. Somehow they wound up the only 2 passengers in a cab. The driver kept commenting how pretty my niece was. Then he asked them if they spoke Spanish. They said no and next thing he was making a phone call, speaking Spanish. They were heading away from the population center into what she described as a 3rd world slum looking area. My sister got nervous and started demanding to be taken back to the port. She said she made sure to leave hair and fingerprints all over the cab. The driver did take them back to the port, which upset my niece who thought my sister was over reacting. My sister, as soon as she could get service, began sharing her location with me via the iPhone app. She was texting me before they even got out of the cab at the port where they were picked up. I assured her that she wasn't over reacting and that she should always trust her gut and that 2 women in a strange country by themselves is NEVER a good idea to begin with.

They got back on the ship and didn't get off again until they were in Cozumel, where they had a nice couple of beach days before heading back to New Orleans.

Hard to believe a Sheriff would use the word guilty pertaining to a detained suspect in any circumstance. This could be a result from lack of training.
I saw the news conference this morning and he (didn’t) use the word “guilty”
Although he did say (in so many words)
“This was guy who committed the murders” so again following any more news perhaps they have evidence they are not sharing until after extradition back to Idaho.

My sister took her 23 year old daughter on a Carribean cruise over the holidays. They just got back last night. A few days ago they were in Roatan. They were told they would be with a group and were going to do some horseback riding. Somehow they wound up the only 2 passengers in a cab. The driver kept commenting how pretty my niece was. Then he asked them if they spoke Spanish. They said no and next thing he was making a phone call, speaking Spanish. They were heading away from the population center into what she described as a 3rd world slum looking area. My sister got nervous and started demanding to be taken back to the port. She said she made sure to leave hair and fingerprints all over the cab. The driver did take them back to the port, which upset my niece who thought my sister was over reacting. My sister, as soon as she could get service, began sharing her location with me via the iPhone app. She was texting me before they even got out of the cab at the port where they were picked up. I assured her that she wasn't over reacting and that she should always trust her gut and that 2 women in a strange country by themselves is NEVER a good idea to begin with.

They got back on the ship and didn't get off again until they were in Cozumel, where they had a nice couple of beach days before heading back to New Orleans.
Your sister is a very smart woman to see the potential danger of the situation and to take the steps she did to leave evidence of herself in the cab.

The world is a dangerous place especially when traveling as predators know you have no permanent ties to the location your currently in. Making it much harder for them to be caught. This is the reason tourist are more targeted by scammers and pickpockets in other parts of the world.

“This was guy who committed the murders” so again following any more news perhaps they have evidence they are not sharing until after extradition back to Idaho.
LEO's always say that's the guy who did it. It's why they arrested him and brought charges. It's right there in the arrest affidavit. Sheriff's comments will not prejudice the case.

This is just me thinking but I don't care if they have photographs of him in the act. They shouldn't say or imply that he's guilty on National Television before the trial.

If he confessed to the crimes that's different because you would assume there's not going to be a trial.

I lived for 4 years in Panama. My brother and his newlywed wife came for a vacation/honeymoon and the women went out with a bunch of their girlfriends while my brother and I were going to a strip club called Mother's (yes, the wifey's knew and had no problem with it), We called a cab and my brother was in the front seat and I was in the rear and they were talking. I noticed that we were not going the right way to Mother's and was headed towards the Bario. At that time they had a problem were tourists and would be taken to the Bario, the cabbie would pull over, the door would open, and you would be yanked out and beat to within an inch of your life and robbed by one of their street gangs. I asked the cabbie where he was going and he now responded with "no hablis inglish" (I don't speak English) after I listened to him and my brother talking all the way to that point. I knew where he was headed. I was carrying and pull my Glock and told him to turn around. When he "no hablis inglish" again. I stuck the barrel in his ear and cocked the hammer. He turned around real quick and pull in to a bar parking lot saying I was loco and kicked us out of his cab.
SIDE NOTE: That same cabbie was murdered in the Bario a couple of weeks later by that street gang in a dispute over the split of loot.

The “he is guilty” comment may have been said because…..

They found the knife in his possession…..

He admitted to the killings…….

There very well may be evidence found at the site of the murders that link directly to him that was never made public…….

All anyone can do is speculate until more information comes out.
It has now come out that they caught him through DNA, the same way that they have been catching cold case criminals lately. They collected DNA at the scene and then compare the DNA to those databases that are kept by the companies that do the DNA testing where you pay them to check your heritage. Once they find a match they trace it back through those families.
Many don't know this but if you take one of those DNA tests read the disclosure that you sign it states that it can be released to Law Enforcement. I would assume it requires a subpoena...

Back