testtest

Illinois Institutes Universal Background Checks, Gun

My opinion is it’s not a bad idea however not sure how it’s going to be enforced. In Kentucky there is no law in regards to private sales but I do see it coming.

Whatever! Now we are treated like criminals to be able to use our 2A right. It's now a "privilege" to be able to enjoy our 2A, must provide fingerprints to renew or apply for a FOID. We are paying the price for another states inability to keep THEIR criminal records up to date. Still if another state don't upload correct info to the database we are in the same position as before the Aurora shooting.
For those that don't know I believe it was Louisiana failed to update criminal database of theirs which allowed Illinois to approve an FOID and allow a gun sale to a convicted felon, who decided to walk into a place of employment and shoot a bunch of people.

So yes I'm sure the criminals in Chicago shooting everybody are going to really be inconvenienced by this new law.

To put matters in perspective our 3-day waiting period to take possession of a firearm now takes 7 to 10 days.

in my state, private gun sales are supposed to go thru an FFL. i suppose it would be naïve to think this happens 100% of the time.

i personally keep all my gun sales records, and if i sold a gun, (and i have), i still keep the original sales receipt, as well as the sales/transfer receipt.

since i was younger, i learnt to keep a paper trail

Whatever! Now we are treated like criminals to be able to use our 2A right. It's now a "privilege" to be able to enjoy our 2A, must provide fingerprints to renew or apply for a FOID. We are paying the price for another states inability to keep THEIR criminal records up to date. Still if another state don't upload correct info to the database we are in the same position as before the Aurora shooting.
For those that don't know I believe it was Louisiana failed to update criminal database of theirs which allowed Illinois to approve an FOID and allow a gun sale to a convicted felon, who decided to walk into a place of employment and shoot a bunch of people.

So yes I'm sure the criminals in Chicago shooting everybody are going to really be inconvenienced by this new law.

To put matters in perspective our 3-day waiting period to take possession of a firearm now takes 7 to 10 days.
If you add up every Murder in Illinois ever committed by a person who legally bought a gun, regardless of whether they should have been denied or not, it still doesn’t even come close to the number of people shot by hood rats in Chicago last month.

in my state, private gun sales are supposed to go thru an FFL. i suppose it would be naïve to think this happens 100% of the time.

i personally keep all my gun sales records, and if i sold a gun, (and i have), i still keep the original sales receipt, as well as the sales/transfer receipt.

since i was younger, i learnt to keep a paper trail
That’s called universal background checks and it is unconstitutional. And unenforceable without full gun registration databases.

That’s called universal background checks and it is unconstitutional. And unenforceable without full gun registration databases.
to be frank, i am really not sure what universal background check(s) means..

like, before i got my ccw, i had to fill out a state form, for a background check

then i had to fill out that federal form....

aren't either of those background checks?

what would "universal" really mean.....??

a 50 state and US Possession's back ground check..???

when i applied for my ccw permit, i had to get my finger prints taken...TWICE...once at the Attorney' General's Office, then again at the police station

please explain?

to be frank, i am really not sure what universal background check(s) means..

like, before i got my ccw, i had to fill out a state form, for a background check

then i had to fill out that federal form....

aren't either of those background checks?

what would "universal" really mean.....??

a 50 state and US Possession's back ground check..???

please explain?
The post I just quoted up there explains it precisely. Private gun sales being forced to go through a FFL with a 4473 and a BGC.

You wanna give your son or your friend an old shotgun? Go to the gun shop and pay to transfer the gun to them, then pay to transfer it from them to your son. And BGCs for everyone.

You wanna give your son or your friend an old shotgun? Go to the gun shop and pay to transfer the gun to them, then pay to transfer it from them to your son. And BGCs for everyone.
i am trying to read up on private gun sales, in my state. seems to me (from what i am understanding) the reasoning of going to an FFL is to ensure the person buying the gun, is legally able to own one, you know, not a convicted felon, mentally deficient, or other threat?

It's about time they did something. I know that absolutely no other gun control laws have been effective, but I really think this might be the one that fixes all the problems in Chicago.
What about issuing concealed carry permits, or constitutional carry? My only experience with crime statistics are when I lived in Geary County Kansas in the 90s. After concealed carry was instituted, the county Sheriff reported that violent crime dropped 86%. When the local news media asked why, the Sheriff replied that the criminals know everyone is armed now. The local gun stores saw a huge spike in handgun purchases.

Virginia did this several years ago. It's basically a "feel good" law that make libs happy, and it's a law that mostly law-abiding citizens like ourselves will follow. Regulating private sales between individuals is very difficult to enforce. There are thousands of firearms in this country still in use that were purchased prior to 1968. These guns are impossible to trace, and it's almost impossible to determine who owns them now. The anti-gun organizations know this and will use the ineffectiveness of universal background checks to call for total gun registration in the future. Just my 2-cents.

Last edited:
Ahh .. the key word in the article by all anti gun legislation:
“Commonsense”
1628178756320.jpeg

I live in Ohio, you can sell to whomever you want as I was told, but I don't, I will only sell or swap with my family, I have only sold 2 guns to others, and they both were sheriff deputies when I worked there, in todays world, you have to watch and be vigilant on selling any weapon to people you don't know.

The law states that you can’t knowingly give or sell a gun to a felon or prohibited person. It would be nearly impossible for them to prove you knew a person was prohibited. If you sell a gun to somebody without going through an FFL and that person uses it to commit a crime, contrary to what some people think, you cannot be charged with a crime. Unless they can prove you knew the person was prohibited.
That said, I have never and would never sell a gun to someone I don’t know. And I would never ask someone I knew and was willing to sell a gun to, to go through a transfer fee and BGC.

I have given my daughter and my niece guns. I don’t feel the need to involve the feds or my local gun store in that. And my niece is a forensic scientist currently interning with the FBI.

Look if the Libs truly wanted to make a difference here in Illinois then maybe they should START by using the laws on the books. Instead they drop or plead to MUCH lesser charges instead of putting the perp in prison for multiple decades.
The true intentions of this law is to make criminals out of FOID/CCW holders in the long run.

This will in NO WAY affect the dirtbags in Chicago doing the crimes.

I've sold privately and always wrote down the FOID and drivers license numbers, address and phone number. If the buyer had a problem with it the sale was cancelled.

I kept and still have those records 25years later.

Back