testtest

Illinois Judge Rules against state

Thanks for the update. It wasn’t easily available in the Chicago rags or mentioned on the talk radio news.

Discussing the rationale of the challenge, it was odd that when the dimwit governor and atty general stated their basis for The Ban as “the Founding Fathers didn’t have AR-15‘s”. If that’s the gist of their argument, then there’s plenty more the FF’s did discuss about tyranny.

A small blip for the Trib (use the reader feature if pay-window blocks access)

The 170 number for guns that were outlawed is way under the true amount. If a .22 pistol has a threaded barrel and holds more then 15 rounds , it is banned. The list is quite extensive.

This ruling was more about how Illinois uses shell bills to pass laws faster then what our state constitution calls for. They take an existing bill that has already gone to third reading as called for and strike all existing language then insert the new language and pass the bill.

The judge found this to be unconstitutional so therefore the whole bill becomes void. Thus the reason the state appealed .

Thanks for the update. It wasn’t easily available in the Chicago rags or mentioned on the talk radio news.

Discussing the rationale of the challenge, it was odd that when the dimwit governor and atty general stated their basis for The Ban as “the Founding Fathers didn’t have AR-15‘s”. If that’s the gist of their argument, then there’s plenty more the FF’s did discuss about tyranny.

A small blip for the Trib (use the reader feature if pay-window blocks access)

I always explain that the founding fathers specifically wrote the amendment such that the citizens at that time had the exact same weaponry as the military...and so should it be today.

I always explain that the founding fathers specifically wrote the amendment such that the citizens at that time had the exact same weaponry as the military...and so should it be today.
I can agree with most of this. Remember we did have the exact same things as the military, 1903, M1 garand but I don't think we need SAW249's and such readily available over the counter so to speak. Tax stamp you bet.
I do agree that Illinois plays funny stuff with bills and such.

I can agree with most of this. Remember we did have the exact same things as the military, 1903, M1 garand but I don't think we need SAW249's and such readily available over the counter so to speak. Tax stamp you bet.
I do agree that Illinois plays funny stuff with bills and such.
Still illegal to shoot someone, whether it's with a blunderbuss or a SAW. Of course we don't need them...that's not the point. We all talk about slippery slopes, gun control starts with making some firearms illegal and look where it gets us.

The revolution was fought with privately owned artillery and equipment. There was no structured government. Just a handful of freedom fighters sponsored by a few well-heeled aristocrats to overthrow a tyrannical government.
Meeting up in bars and churches. Sharing information, colluding for a better future for us all. And to think, some want to throw all those sacrifice and effort away for a global agenda.

You guys know, they're going after body armor now. They want us to be good little sheeple.
Yep seen that! Totally disagree with that.
If it hadn't been for the availability to buy some armor and plate carrier for my nephew he wouldn't have had any. It was almost 6 months before his unit got some in Afghanistan.
With all due respect, what YOU think I need is irrelevant.
My bad what was I thinking 🤔
I lost my mind there for a hot second

Yep seen that! Totally disagree with that.
If it hadn't been for the availability to buy some armor and plate carrier for my nephew he wouldn't have had any. It was almost 6 months before his unit got some in Afghanistan.
It must have been a good feeling when we saw all those taliban running around in our brand new unissued gear when we left. It's ridiculous. We've literally armed 2 complete armies with small arms, NVG , transport and heavy weapons. "They" can have military weapons but we can't. We are our second line of defense. Recently I read an article about a study .by the DoD to disarm all military personnel under 25 and forever keep records of their firearm ownership. They claim that this is an effort to stem suicide rates. They never acknowledged the cause. I'm so disappointed in the direction our current administration is taking us. Sorry, I realize this kinda rambled all over, but there is a common thread if you can find it.

Here is a bit of interesting reading about how corrupt Illinois is and a look at how things MIGHT turn out for us on this single ruling. Also remember this wasn't a ruling on the 2A grounds but on how the bills become law.

Here is a bit of interesting reading about how corrupt Illinois is and a look at how things MIGHT turn out for us on this single ruling. Also remember this wasn't a ruling on the 2A grounds but on how the bills become law.

Well that was thoroughly disgusting to read through. That explains why he just giggled and smiled saying, "well I guess we'll see you in court then. " the dirty b@stard stacked the deck on the front side.
Shouldn't those judges have to recuse themselves for conflict of interest? I guess demonrats don't mind rubbing our nose in it. Illinois needs a good house cleaning.

Well that was thoroughly disgusting to read through. That explains why he just giggled and smiled saying, "well I guess we'll see you in court then. " the dirty b@stard stacked the deck on the front side.
Shouldn't those judges have to recuse themselves for conflict of interest? I guess demonrats don't mind rubbing our nose in it. Illinois needs a good house cleaning.
Yes it is disgusting but even worse is the fact that he is thinking about running for POTUS.

Honestly what a very sad state of affairs this country is becoming.

I worry for the younger generation who will inherit this mindless cluster f…
Of government regulations that do nothing to protect or ensure a comfortable way of life.

Back