testtest

Illinois Measure Would Ban Common Guns, Magazines

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Ran across this, if this new law takes effect it would prohibit Springfield from manufacturing a lot of there rifles, ban magazines and have you register your guns if one is on the ban list, only way you would be able to keep it for now. Springfield really needs to relocate out of that commie state.

"In fact, the measure would ban manufacturing, delivering, selling or purchasing of “Assault Weapons,” and specifically identifies more than 100 types of pistols, rifles and shotguns that would be affected, based mainly on aesthetic characteristics of the firearms."

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/illinois-ban-common-guns-magazines/466969

Last edited:
Ran across this, if this new law takes effect it would prohibit Springfield from manufacturing a lot of there rifles, ban magazines and have you register your guns if one is on the ban list, only way you would be able to keep it for now. Springfield really needs to relocate out of that commie state.

"In fact, the measure would ban manufacturing, delivering, selling or purchasing of “Assault Weapons,” and specifically identifies more than 100 types of pistols, rifles and shotguns that would be affected, based mainly on aesthetic characteristics of the firearms."

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/illinois-ban-common-guns-magazines/466969
SA is only a few miles east of the river & they could relocate to the other side in Iowa, and folks could easily still commute to work from IL.

I read the text of the Bill written by a liberal Chicago area shyster. A bunch of Democrats in the house jumped on board as co-sponsors because they believe it will get a lot of media attention. It will not pass constitutional muster as written. There will be a cat and dog fight in the courts over this one. Remember they had no concealed carry law to speak of in Illinois until the Supreme Court forced their hand.

The reality is that violent thugs and crazies are killing a lot of people with mostly high cap, semi-auto firearms. Rather than dealing with personal accountability liberals want to attack inanimate objects and there are a lot of folks who think that makes sense. God forbid they ever get the political muscle in place to amend the Constitution.

Makes the statement………

“When guns are banned only the criminals will have guns” (To)

Welcome to Illinois a state where everyone is a criminal.

Not trying to make fun of this at all as it is a travesty on the highest level however as mentioned if passed it will probably be thrown out in court.

As far as a total business relocation many gun manufacturers have moved their manufacturing processes to gun friendly states, it goes without saying it is not easy and very expensive to do so. Many companies keep company headquarters in place and just move manufacturing to lessen the impact.

Last edited:
Some politician once said we should build gallows in WalMart parking lots and hang the thieves as we catch them. Of course that is rediculous but it highlights the fact that criminals have no fear of the logical consequences of their actions. I personally would like to see more robbers and burglars shot in the act but then I am old fashioned.

Some politician once said we should build gallows in WalMart parking lots and hang the thieves as we catch them. Of course that is rediculous but it highlights the fact that criminals have no fear of the logical consequences of their actions. I personally would like to see more robbers and burglars shot in the act but then I am old fashioned.
Would save a lot of money.

I read the text of the Bill written by a liberal Chicago area shyster. A bunch of Democrats in the house jumped on board as co-sponsors because they believe it will get a lot of media attention. It will not pass constitutional muster as written. There will be a cat and dog fight in the courts over this one. Remember they had no concealed carry law to speak of in Illinois until the Supreme Court forced their hand.
So sad and so true at the same time. This is what you get with one party rule. They have a super majority in each state house and they will pass anything they want , damned the constitution!

I would say a great number of them know it will be fought in court and won ( because of being unconstitutional ) but they don't care. On top of this bad law , on 1/1/2023 our other bad law will go into effect. I call it the " turn them loose and let them run law" but our law makers call it the " SAFE - T - ACT.

I see nothing ridiculous about that. Things are headin' that way.

No WallMart nearby. Will Costcos do?
And they should make those gallows with pressure treated so they last.
Seen the feral mutt shoved that 83 yr old greeter at HomeDepot, the fall killed him. For what, $300 worth of Chinese pressure washers for a non jail-able, no bail offense.

Here in Chicago Crook County (for the record) we have bans and restrictions along with 623 shot/killed homicides. The violent shooters that get caught are all eligible for bail with bonds being based on ability to pay. There are no provisions for added penalty of extended mags, modified firearms, ghosties or repeated offenses, and no specific law on books just for extended mags. Understand, the prosecution will NOT PILE ON CHARGES. LE can charge every law on the books INCL. NO FOID, but State Atty drops all these. They don’t publish court convictions or sentences for these feral criminals so only privileged can obtain the truth on what really goes on in Cook County courts.
What the REST of ILLINOIS a doesn’t realize, is that no bond/no jail Chicago Cook County justice reform policy is coming to you all downstate and across our collar counties.

SA just spent big money building a new manufacturing building at their existing location, I believe it opened this last summer. I believe they are very welcomed in Geneseo but the state could care less.
Yea, I don’t think it’s Geneseo, if this passes they will not be able to manufacture or sell there complete AR line, not sure if it will effect there import line of the Hellion, not sure how it would effect there magazines either, that state is getting worse then California is, if this law passes it will screw Springfield Armory up completely.

Makes the statement………

“When guns are banned only the criminals will have guns” (To)

Welcome to Illinois a state where everyone is a criminal.

Not trying to make fun of this at all as it is a travesty on the highest level however as mentioned if passed it will probably be thrown out in court.

As far as a total business relocation many gun manufacturers have moved their manufacturing processes to gun friendly states, it goes without saying it is not easy and very expensive to do so. Many companies keep company headquarters in place and just move manufacturing to lessen the impact.
Lived here a long time and have never been called a criminal before!!!

Back