testtest

I'm a man of my word

ddeuce22

Professional
I had stated atleast twice last week that this weekend I had plans on picking up a 5" Prodigy. Well, I found one for $1,375 - At my typically overpriced local indoor Range/Gun Shop nonetheless. Well i'll be goddamned if that pretty gal didn't follow me home. Zero attempt at stealing @HansGruber 's thunder here. Just funny coincidence. Looks like we're Prodigy brothers... Or something semi homoerotic to that extent. All jokes aside, i'm absolutely ecstatic to have found one, and under MSRP.

PXL_20230422_225854531.jpg

PXL_20230422_225846814.jpg

Anyone else run into issues re-assembling it? Namely the face that goes into the end of the recoil spring up against the barrel. It required some manipulating to get it to stay in place flush against the barrel when re-installing the slide then trying to line up the slide stop with the barrel link.

It kept dropping ever so slightly, enough to block the link from being perfectly aligned. It was a bit irritating lol.
My other 1911 does not have this type of recoil system so it could just be me and no previous experience with a two piece/non-captured guide rod in a "1911" platform. Just griping because I muttered a few profanities and now the dog is all anxious and won't leave me alone because she thinks i'm upset with her lol.

Anyone else run into issues re-assembling it? Namely the face that goes into the end of the recoil spring up against the barrel. It required some manipulating to get it to stay in place flush against the barrel when re-installing the slide then trying to line up the slide stop with the barrel link.

It kept dropping ever so slightly, enough to block the link from being perfectly aligned. It was a bit irritating lol.
My other 1911 does not have this type of recoil system so it could just be me and no previous experience with a two piece/non-captured guide rod in a "1911" platform. Just griping because I muttered a few profanities and now the dog is all anxious and won't leave me alone because she thinks i'm upset with her lol.
Not a huge fan of the two-piece guide rod myself - However! Forum members here suggested this.

The Dawson Precision one piece, tool-less guide rod for the 5" Prodigy is an absolutely amazing upgrade. Highly recommend it if the stock one makes your eye twitch, like it did mine :LOL:

I put one in and will never go back to the old one. Link is here if you're interested.

My other 1911 does not have this type of recoil system so it could just be me and no previous experience with a two piece/non-captured guide rod in a "1911" platform. Just griping because I muttered a few profanities and now the dog is all anxious and won't leave me alone because she thinks i'm upset with her loI.
Do the dog a favor and look at the one-piece guide rod from Dawson Precision or the reverse plug from 10-8 that allows you to use a regular GI recoil rod. I’ve used both and they make life much easier than the two-piece rod and IMHO they look nicer too.

Back