testtest

I'm no @KillerFord1977?

Believe or not we have some in California I seen what it does to lawns . Years ago I remember out here they had so many of them you didn’t need a tag to shoot them they wanted them gone
Texas Regulations:

Any means necessary. Including hunting by aircraft or helicopter.
Only rules against are hunting from a public roadway or from a moving vehicle on public roadway.

Spotlighting, nighttime, ,,, etc ,, etc
All legal

Texas even declared no license necessary, including out of state hunters, unless on Public land.

Nuisance #1 crop destroyer

Texas Regulations:

Any means necessary. Including hunting by aircraft or helicopter.
Only rules against are hunting from a public roadway or from a moving vehicle on public roadway.

Spotlighting, nighttime, ,,, etc ,, etc
All legal

Texas even declared no license necessary, including out of state hunters, unless on Public land.

Nuisance #1 crop destroyer
They are a protected species in western PA. The numbers are still low enough that the game commission wants to handle their eradication. People are asked to report sittings so they can trap them. Their logic is that hunters will just push them causing them to spread out.

They are a protected species in western PA. The numbers are still low enough that the game commission wants to handle their eradication. People are asked to report sittings so they can trap them. Their logic is that hunters will just push them causing them to spread out.
Maybe the hogs don't reproduce as aggressively in PA as they do in some other states and aren't considered a dangerous invasive species yet.

Certain species of animals and plants tend to become the apex in different regions once introduced and can devastate the local flora & fauna though when introduced in other areas they never don't a large negative impact due to regional environmental differences.

Either way bacon is delicious....😜

Maybe the hogs don't reproduce as aggressively in PA as they do in some other states and aren't considered a dangerous invasive species yet.

Certain species of animals and plants tend to become the apex in different regions once introduced and can devastate the local flora & fauna though when introduced in other areas they never don't a large negative impact due to regional environmental differences.

The best perspective:
1637083671086.png

1637090477839.gif

My understanding is they are, or were a few years back, just along the southern border. The document regarding feral swine is about 4 years old so they must have them under control since I've never seen or heard anyone that has and the game commission doc still stands.

My understanding is they are, or were a few years back, just along the southern border. The document regarding feral swine is about 4 years old so they must have them under control since I've never seen or heard anyone that has and the game commission doc still stands.
“Under Control” and hogs dont go together. They’re there. Prob more than people understand

Boy, in my estimation this is a real mistake. Anytime an invasive species has been introduced into anywhere, they typically make much greater increases in population than any native species simply because they do not have any natural predators. This simplistic idea is similar to the mindset in south Florida many years ago when the big snakes were first spotted.

They required licenses to hunt them, had daily limits on them, and in every way possible hindered the eradication of them. Now, most of the Everglades marshes are almost void of small mammals like racoons, possums, foxes, rabbits and even Bobcats. And the shallow water wading birds have literally been decimated. And even though the state now has opened them up for far more aggressive eradication methods, offering snake hunting training and bounties, it's a lost cause. The snakes are being sighted further north every year. There are so many now and so many reproducing, they'll never be eliminated. They have no natural enemies and some of the bigger ones have even been known to overpower alligators, typically considered the apex predator in the marsh.

One day, some ground blind hunter is going to come up missing after falling asleep in his blind and they'll eventually find him in the stomach of a big 18'- 20' snake. It might even take more than one hunter to come up missing before the bureaucracy wakes totally up and recognizes the snakes are winning.

At least the feral pigs in Florida are treated with a little bit of disdain and are treated as personal livestock on private land and as such can be hunted/killed all day, any day. But then the bureaucracy gets involved and where the pigs are found on public lands, they're treated as game animals and regulated via hunting seasons and limits. And the issue with non-native fish is even worse.

Last edited:
“Under Control” and hogs dont go together. They’re there. Prob more than people understand
I started shooting handguns when living in Texas while working for Mossberg. There was an outdoor range setup on land owned by a friend I worked with, it was about 120 acres and the first time I went there I followed him to the range as it was way out in desert. I remember him telling me if I went there alone not to walk to far away from the range because of the hogs, for that reason I always kept my full sized XDM 45 on my hip no matter what I was shooting with and most times went with 2-3 other guys. The other scary thing was the killer bees that were known to be in the area, I remember once seeing and hearing a swarm and wasted no time packing up and leaving.
CEA2D267-660F-46AF-A4FE-E3F9998D9204.jpeg

Back