testtest

I'm This Old.

Oaktree45

Master Class
As a boy, these two were my favorite cowboys, and it goes without saying the Lone Ranger too. I think this is why I like SAA revolvers so much.

417528769_2271745256347844_497508467399558750_n.jpg

As a boy, these two were my favorite cowboys, and it goes without saying the Lone Ranger too. I think this is why I like SAA revolvers so much.

View attachment 50876

you had a tv...when you were a kid.....??

when i was a kid, we watched shadow hand puppets on the cave wall

you mention the Lone Ranger...the other night on Prime, i watched an episode of the Lone Ranger, when Clayton Moore was not the ranger......Tonto was of course Jay Silverheels.

that Lone Ranger was John Hart.

Hi,

There's a broadcast network from the local metropolis called GRIT TV. They play all westerns all the time, series TV during the day and movies at night. They've just started playing The Lone Ranger series. That and The Deputy took the time slot of The Virginian in the morning. In the afternoon are Tombstone Territory, Bat Masterson, The Texan, Tales of Wells Fargo, and others. Their movies star Clint Eastwood, Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot, Randolf Scott, Audy Murphy, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, etc. I can't get enough. For more info: https://www.grittv.com/

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

There's a broadcast network from the local metropolis called GRIT TV. They play all westerns all the time, series TV during the day and movies at night. They've just started playing The Lone Ranger series. That and The Deputy took the time slot of The Virginian in the morning. In the afternoon are Tombstone Territory, Bat Masterson, The Texan, Tales of Wells Fargo, and others. Their movies star Clint Eastwood, Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot, Randolf Scott, Audy Murphy, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, etc. I can't get enough. For more info: https://www.grittv.com/

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
1705594235451.gif

“You’d do it for Randolph Scott”
🤣🤣🤣

you had a tv...when you were a kid.....??

when i was a kid, we watched shadow hand puppets on the cave wall

you mention the Lone Ranger...the other night on Prime, i watched an episode of the Lone Ranger, when Clayton Moore was not the ranger......Tonto was of course Jay Silverheels.

that Lone Ranger was John Hart.
Actually no, we didn't have a TV, I listened to them on the radio along with another favorite show, The Shadow. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

I didn't know about the John Hart character, I looked that info online. Apparently Clayton Moore had no idea why he was replaced for that one season.

I believe it was 1953 when my dad bought a TV. Back then there was just one station in the St. Louis area and it was KSD-TV which was an NBC affiliate. The following year St. Louis got another TV station KWK-TV which became a CBS station. I remember the night KWK came on the air. Our entire family sitting in the living room watching the old Indian test pattern for at least 30 minutes before they officially began the broadcast. We couldn't wait to see what shows they would broadcast.

Back