testtest

Important birthday!

Hete is to the Duke!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1716763433840.jpg
    FB_IMG_1716763433840.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 26
When I was SWAT commander we held a John Wayne Film Festival at my house on the weekend closest to May 26. A keg and fajitas around the pool, misbehaving off duty officers, and continuous John Wayne movies on the big screen. Good times.

I have to admit, at the risk of being called a heretic, I am not a fan of John Wayne movies. I mean there are a couple I watched that I didn't hate, like True Grit, but generally I'm not a fan. I like westerns, but his movies just come off as super cheesy to me. Nothing against him really, all the really old westerns come off that way.

I have to admit, at the risk of being called a heretic, I am not a fan of John Wayne movies. I mean there are a couple I watched that I didn't hate, like True Grit, but generally I'm not a fan. I like westerns, but his movies just come off as super cheesy to me. Nothing against him really, all the really old westerns come off that way.
It was the genre, the state of the art of the day. He started in B movies, which were awful, but it is what they were doing in the 30's. In my opinion, The Searchers, The Quiet Man, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, and The Shootist were The Duke's best movies. I liked others for sure but those were the benchmarks. And I admired The Duke for sanding tall as a conservative in a sea of liberals and commies.

It was the genre, the state of the art of the day. He started in B movies, which were awful, but it is what they were doing in the 30's. In my opinion, The Searchers, The Quiet Man, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, and The Shootist were The Duke's best movies. I liked others for sure but those were the benchmarks. And I admired The Duke for sanding tall as a conservative in a sea of liberals and commies.
Rooster Cogburn was great too.

Back