testtest

In Cutting Programs to Cover Mounting Administrative and Legal Costs, the NRA Risks Losing Even More Members

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
After reading this, afraid it isn’t looking to good for this once mighty organization, hopefully they will pull through.

While we need all the 2A support we can muster it doesn't help when the higher up's paychecks and "bill to the company" doesn't slow down! Those who HATE (yes, hate) any and every pro-2a support will throw a party upon it's demise (if it happens).

I wasn't making specific accusations brother. Just tired of all the NRA sucks threads. We've trod that ground 400 million times already.
The nra as a group instead of just a few plagues the issues it's having. Then the few are gone and the rest too clean up the mess. Could it be possible for it to be a great organization again? Yes! Maybe la puke should paying lawyer bills from his own pockets instead of companies! At least there's more than 1 organization fighting for the right to keep and bear arms! Imagine if the nra was the only 1 and how terrible the situation would be at this point? All 3 fight over each other to get your money when you're only able to support 1 of them.

The nra as a group instead of just a few plagues the issues it's having. Then the few are gone and the rest too clean up the mess. Could it be possible for it to be a great organization again? Yes! Maybe la puke should paying lawyer bills from his own pockets instead of companies! At least there's more than 1 organization fighting for the right to keep and bear arms! Imagine if the nra was the only 1 and how terrible the situation would be at this point? All 3 fight over each other to get your money when you're only able to support 1 of them.
Ok. We'll talk about it again I guess.

I agree about WLP. The thing everyone is still overlooking is that all these cases, the pistol brace thing, all the California suits, NY suits, etc.. The NRA is still throwing the most money and lawyers at them. Even in it's "diminished" capacity the NRA still has more money and more clout than all those other gun rights organizations put together. I have read here many times comments like " Where is the NRA?" Every one of these cases the NRA, their money and their lawyers are involved in. And WLP aside, you still have NY ( and other) politicians who literally campaigned on stamping the NRA out. Seems some are happy to help them.

Ok. We'll talk about it again I guess.

I agree about WLP. The thing everyone is still overlooking is that all these cases, the pistol brace thing, all the California suits, NY suits, etc.. The NRA is still throwing the most money and lawyers at them. Even in it's "diminished" capacity the NRA still has more money and more clout than all those other gun rights organizations put together. I have read here many times comments like " Where is the NRA?" Every one of these cases the NRA, their money and their lawyers are involved in. And WLP aside, you still have NY ( and other) politicians who literally campaigned on stamping the NRA out. Seems some are happy to help them.
I agree it takes lots of money for fighting for our rights (and it shouldn't be)! Hopefully Home Town ? (or whatever they're called along with others like them) will go broke and have a whole lot less to fight against! My guess is that whoever goes broke 1st will lose! I wonder how many 2a haters actually own firearms.......................well come on down! I was talking to a person the other day that stated we don't need firearms, but he only has 1 to put animals down so they don't suffer.........................................yup, you heard that right! I let him talk about why and..............yes there's even a why to have firearms. His only reason for firearms would be to defend this country from foreign invasion possibilities. I agreed that that primarily is a reason we don't get invaded as we wouldn't have any help from the north or south of our borders. I said what about domestic terrorist or government takeover? About that time I was called back for the doc appt. Too be continued.............

What a lot of folks overlook (or maybe just don’t know) is that the NRA has affiliated organizations in most if not all states. A significant amount of time, state lawsuits and state-level pushes for concealed carry, constitutional carry, etc., are spearheaded by those local affiliates and joined by the NRA. We have spent 150 years putting together an organization to defend our rights, and many of us are ready to scrap the whole organization because of one man and an ineffective Board. United we stand, divided we fall.

Cutbacks, reorganization, layoffs are all part of this new world order as costs for everything continues to skyrocket. We‘re see this in every business sector from bakeries to banks. Then there’s this bs ESG and DEI movement all tied into the operational budgets. Manufacturing alone has its own battle with regulation, restrictions, supply chains and as manufacturing dwindles further abroad there is less need for trade association involvement here in the USA.

Trade associations always seem to do better than the industry, when the industry begins to stall or fail (in this case, 2A being under constant attack) industry relies on the relationship with its industry’s association membership (like NSSF) to pull together as a collective which trickles down to the end-user consumer with all its affiliated clubs, fraternities and so forth.

Aside from from some gross NRA mismanagement, the organization perhaps will suffer somewhat but only time will tell if it can sustain the next two years of The Hellbent Administration and it’s pandering to the anti-gun lobby. Their frivolous and endless use of the courts to settle differences is a big drain on finances.

NRA can and will survive by reducing waste, restructuring staff, reevaluate spending and even lowering annual dues if only to keep current members, but to attract and educate the next generation of enthusiasts.

Paying a little and expecting a lot can’t be done. Paying too much and getting too little is even worse. NRA needs to get back to fundamental basics.

Back