testtest

In search of the littlest gun pocket/ankle 380/9 or equiv for wheelie shooties ;)

Browning 1911 .380
80% size of a 1911
Its a pocket gun for me and would go nice in an ankle holster
3780D561-F87B-4E9B-B594-8DF8A3B382C4.jpeg

So mighty brain trust riddle me this:

I'm searching for an ankle gun. Unlike some of my previously purposely provocative posts I do see a place for either a wheel gun or a mini-semi. I have an LCP and hate it with a passion. I hear the LCP II is only marginally better, as is the EC9s (which we're discovering in a separate post). I'm looking strictly for pocket/ankle. I have a 911 which I love, but I'm not sold on the manual safety. Yes, I know, practice more. Well I'm lazy and want to buy a new gun!

So, your ideas on what my next purchase will be. Assume I have zero wheel gun knowledge if that's your take.
I think you should give a Taurus 856 Ultralite a shot. ;)
I don't know much, but it's crazy easy to shoot accurately and really fun, too.
Don't know if your LGS let's you try em out, but I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

Kahr PM/CM9 if you want something more potent, and perhaps compatible with other 9s in possession, than the 380.
I have both and the PM9 is definitely doable for pocket carry and the CW380 is a great pocket carry fit as well....I have chosen the CW380 for pocket carry...Here's a couple comparison pics....

Attachments

• CWPM.JPG
    CWPM.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 51
  • CWPM1.JPG
    CWPM1.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 58
I have both and the PM9 is definitely doable for pocket carry and the CW380 is a great pocket carry fit as well....I have chosen the CW380 for pocket carry...Here's a couple comparison pics....
Looked into the CW and CM vs the 911. How is recoil? Get thumb bit or worn out trigger finger from shooting?

Only question- How much better is the ergos/felt recoil? The LCP is a trigger finger eater and my 911 is like velvet pajamas.

It's definitely still snappy, but i'd venture to say noticeably less than it's predecessors. The trigger is leaps and bounds better, but comparing to a 911, probably not in the same realm. Grip is far better too thanks to the double stack mag, adds the right amount of girth for grippage.

Looked into the CW and CM vs the 911. How is recoil? Get thumb bit or worn out trigger finger from shooting?
Recoil on the CW is negligible...not that much more than a .22 Stinger and it is pretty easy to control due to ergonomics primarily....The trigger is a long pull, similar to a wheel gun and if trigger reset is a big deal for you, this isn't the one you want....the CW has a long reset but that makes no difference to me (I am a revolver guy at heart) and just like any weapon, through practice you get used to it and get better at trigger control....The pic I posted earlier in this thread is the CW at 30 feet....It has bar/dot sights which make quick target acquisition pretty easy....to me anyway, its a keeper...I have never gotten bit by the CW and my trigger finger doesn't get "worn out" at all...I am 6' 4" with larger than average hands. With the long trigger pull, I have found that pulling the trigger with the index finger 1st joint for me is almost impossible...I have to use the tip of the index finger which to me is no big deal at all....Good luck with your search...

I might stay away from that one I heard nothing but bad things about the tomcat
I have not had issues, knock on wood , yet. Granted, we don’t shoot it anywhere near what we put through other handguns. I have read about cracked frames but from my understanding that may be due to hotter ammo.
The 22 lr Bobcat we have has been a finicky jam machine.

I have not had issues, knock on wood , yet. Granted, we don’t shoot it anywhere near what we put through other handguns. I have read about cracked frames but from my understanding that may be due to hotter ammo.
The 22 lr Bobcat we have has been a finicky jam machine.
I am glad yours runs well I have to admit they are a nice looking piece perfect for the pocket . I just heard a lot of jamming issues with them

I am glad yours runs well I have to admit they are a nice looking piece perfect for the pocket . I just heard a lot of jamming issues with them

I have heard of a few people who had issues with the Small berettas and some other micros. In many cases I have seen the issue is more the user and quite often hand size and finger placement. They are so tiny it is occasionally hard to avoid interference with the slide and controls. And some people tend to grip loosely when they cannot get all fingers on comfortably.

I have heard of a few people who had issues with the Small berettas and some other micros. In many cases I have seen the issue is more the user and quite often hand size and finger placement. They are so tiny it is occasionally hard to avoid interference with the slide and controls. And some people tend to grip loosely when they cannot get all fingers on comfortably.
If that’s case I might revisit that gun I love the size and the look . My hands are medium size might just work for me

Back