testtest

In service from 1959 to present day.

In 2002 I transferred to a county high school that was closer to where I lived. The school have a Marine Corp ROTC program and I ate lunch with the Sgt. Major on most days. One day I noticed that the kids were outside doing drills, but each one had an M14. I asked the Sgt. Major about them, and he said that the program had several dozen, and he invited me down to look at them later in the day. When I went to visit, I was very surprised to find that the rifles had been demilled by only welding a rod in the barrel. None of them had had the barrel welded to the receiver. I think the firing pins had been removed from the bolt, but the full auto receivers were still serviceable if new barrels were installed. I told him based on what I saw he had a small fortune sitting there and he needed to beef up his security. Soon after, the war in Iraq heated up and he had to ship them back to the gov't. If I was correct in my assessment, I expect most of those rifles were rebuilt and were put to good use. Oh, the program got new rifles per gov't regulation; brand new non-functioning resin copies of the 1903 Springfield. They looked okay, but they didn't make the same sound when a kid dropped one doing drills.

1 day I'll own 1 of those sexy beast!
Although I own several SA M1As (including a walnut stock National Match), I also purchased a James River Armory M14 through Classic Firearms as few years ago (Note: Only to use 762x51 ammunition). JRA used the Army's M14 Blueprints and uses surplus parts to produce this rifle. The receiver is forged by Bula Defense, and the only thing missing is the Select Fire capacity. It's a beautiful reproduction of the classic M14. Below is an article that describes the M14 and JRA's build of this historic rifle.

My M1A has been known to put down a few hogs with a thermal …
DD156439-FF96-4D51-9EDA-44DF2EE27118.jpeg

Back