testtest

Info on 1990s era Springfield P9 .45 target gun?

kefefs

Alpha
Hey! I was offered this uncommon gem in a trade and am trying to find some info on it. Even the current owner doesn't know much as he got it in a trade long ago and never asked too may questions.

It's a Springfield P9 marked "Model P9" in .45 Auto with a single-action trigger, two tone finish, adjustable target sights, and wood grips. It also has some sort of muzzle comp/weight in a style different from all the other comped P9s I've seen. Pictures will be at the bottom of the post.

Does anyone know anything about these? Approximate value these days? Is the comp removable? Also, since this would be replacing a defensive pistol, are these 90s era Tanfoglios known to feed JHP well?

Thank you for any info you can provide. I'm really interested in this thing and really just want to know what I'm getting before I pull the trigger.

IMG_20230621_165152.jpg

IMG_20230621_165149.jpg

IMG_20230621_171419.jpg

IMG_20230621_171412.jpg

IMG_20230621_171408.jpg

IMG_20230621_171421.jpg

Well I took y'alls advice and went for it. :) Here's my new Springfield P9 in .45 Auto. What do you think: comp on or off? I'm thinking off. I'm going to check the threads later to see if I can practically suppress it, if not I may try to source a new non-thread barrel. Given the rarity of this configuration I absolutely do not want to have this barrel cut down and re-crowned.

BI4tFdP.jpg

XsCXvSk.jpg

6UFByMP.jpg

9DhvLJs.jpg

I owned a regular P9 for a few years. It was accurate and just a great firearm. I think I traded it for a nice 1911 because the 1911 owner wanted a P9 so bad....:) But it's been over 20 years, maybe longer.
I'd heard they made a target version of the P9 and it looks like you got a good one. Congratulations. I think if I got another P9 I wouldn't trade or sell it because I remember it being a great firearm. I also owned a CZ Rami in 40 S&W that I regret trading away. If I knew then what I know now....such is life...:)

Back