testtest

Installation Problem: Shield RMSc Mini on a Hellcat Pro

I'm trying to install a Shield RMSc Mini to my Hellcat Pro and the site will not fit over the lugs. I can't see what I could do differently and unfortunately there is no documentation either online or with the site that specifies a fix. When I try to install it fits over one end but not both at the same time so I am unable to get the site to sit flush to the gun.

Has anybody read about this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

I'm trying to install a Shield RMSc Mini to my Hellcat Pro and the site will not fit over the lugs. I can't see what I could do differently and unfortunately there is no documentation either online or with the site that specifies a fix. When I try to install it fits over one end but not both at the same time so I am unable to get the site to sit flush to the gun.

Thanks!
Call Springfield Customer Service and ask if a mounting plate is available that will attach to your slide and then accept your optic.

(800) 680-6866

If you don’t want to use a mounting plate under your optic then you’ll need to get an optic made to attach directly to your guns slide.

Call Springfield Customer Service and ask if a mounting plate is available that will attach to your slide and then accept your optic.

(800) 680-6866

If you don’t want to use a mounting plate under your optic then you’ll need to get an optic made to attach directly to your guns slide.
OK,

I thought the Shield RMSc was suppose to mount directly to the Hellcat Pro? If not I'll be returning the site.

Thanks!
From what I’ve read the Shield RMSc should fit on the Hellcat Pro without an adapter plate ( so should the SMSc ). However you specified RMSc MINI which may not, I’m not sure if the Mount surface is smaller but it may be. I would suggest contacting Shield Sight to verify.

I had the same problem with my hellcat osp. Even sent the slide and optic to Springfield. Turns out it just needed more elbow grease to get the optic on. They're a very tight fit.

In follow-up to resolve my issue with mounting a Shield RMSc to my Springfield Hellcat Pro I talked to Springfield Customer Service and they thought it should fit. Shields website indicates an RMSc will fit a Hellcat but is not specific to models. Shield does have a video out showing the RMSc being mounted to a Hellcat OSP which Springfield Customer Service indicates has the exact same cut/footprint as the Hellcat Pro. Springfield recommended I take the site to a gun smith who could fit it for me. Not wanting to spend the money on a gun smith and not wanting to wrench the site I used a razor knife and removed a little of the aluminum from the site bottom and it now fits fine. I removed less than a 1/32 of material from the two rear mounting indentations on the bottom of the site.

Now I don't know which manufacturers Spec is off, but I shouldn't need to do that to make the site fit. Hopefully everything will work as intended and i will be happy with the site.

I was trying to upload a couple of pictures but the site indicated they were to large.

In follow-up to resolve my issue with mounting a Shield RMSc to my Springfield Hellcat Pro I talked to Springfield Customer Service and they thought it should fit. Shields website indicates an RMSc will fit a Hellcat but is not specific to models. Shield does have a video out showing the RMSc being mounted to a Hellcat OSP which Springfield Customer Service indicates has the exact same cut/footprint as the Hellcat Pro. Springfield recommended I take the site to a gun smith who could fit it for me. Not wanting to spend the money on a gun smith and not wanting to wrench the site I used a razor knife and removed a little of the aluminum from the site bottom and it now fits fine. I removed less than a 1/32 of material from the two rear mounting indentations on the bottom of the site.

Now I don't know which manufacturers Spec is off, but I shouldn't need to do that to make the site fit. Hopefully everything will work as intended and i will be happy with the site.

I was trying to upload a couple of pictures but the site indicated they were to large.
Glad you got it resolved, good job! 😊

Back