testtest

Instance Justifying Carrying a Handgun

SATRP

Master Class
Founding Member
Massachusetts cops are hunting an extremely dangerous coyote. So far, it has bitten two people. If the first victim had a handgun, there wouldn't have been a second victim.

Surviving a coyote attack requires painful medical rabies vaccination.

Wise outdoorsmen know to never allow a wild animal to break their skin.

This is a compelling reason for citizens carrying handguns. There are assured dangers to our lives other than bipedal vermin.

A North Tx city had coyote(s) attacking many walkers and joggers for a several month period. So much so, game wardens were sent with thermals to eradicate them as well. City police were on orders to shoot any coyote seen with a 5 mile radius of the area.
I always walk or go outdoors with a sidearm for protection from 2 or 4 legged beasts

I try not to kill coyotes. Unless they get brave on me then it's lights out.
Agreed, it annoys me when people just want to kill everything. There is a time and place for everything. They play an important role in the ecosystem. Namely eating the back half of the rabbits the bob cat leaves on my door step. Its like having my own private wild life documentary. I do move them along though, airsoft is wonderful for this. I dont want them getting too comfortable.

I had coyotes all around a place I lived and never had a problem with them. I had a German Shepherd I'd leave out to do his business at night and a couple of times he'd get into it with a couple coyotes. I could hear the dog fighting in my woods. Each time I'd grab my flashlight and head out. No sooner would I get
a few steps away from my door, that Shepherd would proudly come prancing along as in "kicked their @ss".

I saw lots of wolves and coyotes around and, to me, the scariest one was a coywolf (half coyote, half wolf). I had one cross my path by a few feet paying no attention to me. He was big, near the size of a wolf, but colored like a coyote, not at all scraggly looking like a coyote. He was well built, not skinny like a coyote. That coywolf was not something I cared ever to see again and I haven't. First time I heard about coywolves was like ten years ago. It seems they come from, of all places, New York City and are spreading quickly west. A program I watched used infrared cameras and showed them all over New York's streets hiding in bushes. People would be walking just feet away from them and they didn't have a clue.

The coywolf...

coywolf.jpg

A North Tx city had coyote(s) attacking many walkers and joggers for a several month period. So much so, game wardens were sent with thermals to eradicate them as well. City police were on orders to shoot any coyote seen with a 5 mile radius of the area.
I always walk or go outdoors with a sidearm for protection from 2 or 4 legged beasts
I remember hearing about this not to long ago. Not sure if its the same town or time but this wasn't to long ago. a couple buddies and I offered our services to go help out. Unfortunately i wasn't able to go when we were given the go ahead due to a family member in the hospital.

Here is one story i found about it looking for any others.

I remember hearing about this not to long ago. Not sure if its the same town or time but this wasn't to long ago. a couple buddies and I offered our services to go help out. Unfortunately i wasn't able to go when we were given the go ahead due to a family member in the hospital.

Here is one story i found about it looking for any others.
That’s the incidents 👍 It happened to over a half dozen people in the end.

What is this justification you speak of?

Since I carry from the time my pants go on to the time I take them off for bed, my sidearm is with me... Justified or not.

I've passed up too many easy shots on coyotes while hunting Rocky Mountain mule deek and elk. Now I'll shoot every coyote I see. Coyotes can decimate fawn and calf populations.

Coyotes are indiscriminate, opportunistic scavengers. They'll steal your pets out of your backyards. They'll clean out contents of cesspools and outhouses. Shoot 'em when you see 'em.

Well I live in the city,but wouldn't want to kill one unless it was a threat to me or another human being.
Swerve your car to take out city dwelling coyotes before they have opportunities to kill and eat family pets.

We live in a semi-rural area with wooded areas and farm fields close-by. At night when I take my furry buddy (8yo Shitzu) out you can hear coyotes in the distance. Never know when they'll get brazen enough to get closer to us. I carry.

I am curious, KillerFord1977, which North Texas city had such a coyote problem? I live in North Texas and did not hear about this.

Central Florida here. No coyote problem but if there’s a body of water it has gators. I follow recommendations and know to run if one pops up and lunges but my two girls are the freeze and scream type. If we’re out walking trails my xdm 40 comes along full up with fmj.

Central Florida here. No coyote problem but if there’s a body of water it has gators. I follow recommendations and know to run if one pops up and lunges but my two girls are the freeze and scream type. If we’re out walking trails my xdm 40 comes along full up with fmj.
I have a brother that lives in Florida. He's said if there's a puddle, there's probably a gator in it. 🤤

Back