testtest

Intro and Collection

Most important thing is that you spend wisely what you have. A well built gun can last a very, very long time.

I will say that I spent over $40k on guns and ammo last year and I choose to buy Springfield, not because of price, but because of quality over their peers.
Yes. I'm 57 and still enjoy guns I've had since I was a teenager, and my kids will, too.

A pretty good endorsement of Springfield Armory, from someone who apparently can choose anything!

Yes. I'm 57 and still enjoy guns I've had since I was a teenager, and my kids will, too.

A pretty good endorsement of Springfield Armory, from someone who apparently can choose anything!
You are a few years ahead of me. I have 3 boys at home. I didn’t have kids until my 30’s. They started shooting at 8 and 9. Started them all out on .22 rifles and let them advance at their own pace.

My oldest took a little bit before he advanced beyond the .22, and I don’t push. The sound from the bigger caliber rifles scared him. Then one day, he took some interest while my brother and I were shooting some big bore handguns. I put a 1911 in his hand and the rest is history. He was shooting single action 44 magnums by 12. His favorite two guns are one of my 1911s and I’ve got a 10.5” stainless Ruger Super Blackhawk I converted to a Bisley that he really enjoys.

My middle boy advanced much faster than I could have expected. Doesn’t really matter what you give him, he was a natural. By his 5th outing, he was able to track multiple 6” targets with an AR at 140 yards. I filmed him once and played it back in slow motion. Turns out, not only was he not blinking until after the recoil, he was shooting with both eyes open. I tried doing that while looking through a scope. I can’t do it. His favorite is a 10” Cimarron Wyatt Earp Buntline in 45 Colt. It’s a clone of Kurt Russell’s gun in Tombstone.

My youngest is only 8. He’s still working with his Savage Rascal.

Here’s a good still from a video of him from 2019.

Notice the fire coming out of the barrel, the rifle is recoiling backwards and both his eyes are open. Steady as a rock.
44B9074B-7678-4AAE-8E84-D8B512DCDDD4.png

Last summer he took a S&W pistol and emptied two full mags into a silhouette at 50 yards. Never missed a shot.

Consider this China being put on notice. While they may feel emboldened by the news showing them a generation of girly men, this is what we are raising in the heartland.

Last edited:
My first Springfield 1911 has been ordered. I found a stainless Loaded. It’s the one I wanted and I paid through the nose for it but it’s coming.

I loved my brother’s loaded. I also loved my neighbor’s milspec. I am the last in my circle to get a Springfield, which is funny since I have more Springfield pistols that both of them combined.

Last edited:
Looks like I’ll be adding a Garrison to the collection shortly. I gave strong consideration to ordering another stainless Loaded. I decided to mix it up a little bit instead. Things are quasi on hold for two more weeks. Closing on the sale of my other house keeps getting pushed out by the buyer’s lender because of incompetence. I’m keeping cash on hand in the event something goes sideways. We are now a month late on our original closing as it is. I have 3 new stainless revolvers coming already so soon as the check clears, I’ll be putting the order in on a new Garrison.

So the Garrison isn't coming. I got a call this morning telling me they sold it to someone else. Given the price I paid for it, I am guessing it didn't sell high enough. I'll be watching for it to resurface.

My Springfield Loaded is at the FFL. I have 6 more firearms going there between now and Wednesday so I’m going to wait and go see them all at once. I also have a 7th, ordered a Kimber Stainless II that’ll probably be a couple days later (maybe Friday). Don’t know that I can contain myself for 4 days. Two is already pushing it.

Back