testtest

Intro to Bullseye Pistol Competition

shanneba

Custom
If you've ever thought about starting to compete in Bulleye (Precision) Pistol here are a couple of videos to give a quick overview of the sport.

Similar competition using a "Service" pistol to earn a Distinguished Pistol badge,

Badge-Graphic.jpg

If you've ever thought about starting to compete in Bulleye (Precision) Pistol here are a couple of videos to give a quick overview of the sport.

Similar competition using a "Service" pistol to earn a Distinguished Pistol badge,

Badge-Graphic.jpg

Shot in bullseye on Army , Air Force & law enforcement for quite awhile. Unfortunately never was good enough for a distinguished badge. Every now and then I still shoot a few timed and rapid targets. Can't see good enough to see the targets at 50 yards slow fire. I did learn good fundamentals that still help me today.

Just watching this made my shoulder ache!
I was 19 years old when I started bullseye. For many years our military taught pistol shooting with one hand, even in combat training. The fundamentals of sight picture and trigger control were my take aways from bullseye shooting. Shooting now with both hands and both eyes open is a huge leap forward, not even mentioning red dot sights.

I've tried it, but never really was good enough to compete. Although I do shoot fairly well with the old one handed formal pistol style.
My club still holds regular Bullseye matches. But the number of shooters is steadily falling.
Bullseye is falling out of favor with a lot of shooters. Many are now preferring the more action oriented styles of competition. I shot IDPA regularly for about 12 years until I got too old and sickly. :(

The only competition I've partaken in is, try and not get killed sorting calves from their mothers! Limousin Brahma cross is a dangerous thing! Great cattle, but something is wrong with their medulla oblongata🤣. I wouldn't mind trying out any of those comps whether it be pistol or rifle.

1713376201961.png

Back