testtest

iPhone’s

How many of you that have iPhone’s, notice that every time Apple does an update to fix bugs and make improvements, your phone ends up with more issues then the ones they were trying to fix.......🤔🤔🤔🤔
Funny you should mention it. A few night ago I updated by iPhone X and iPad Pro 12" to iOS 13.5. The phone seems to be working fine, but the iPad kept losing WiFi after a hour or so and even cellular LTE wasn't allowing connection (just spinning wheel trying Safari websites, App store, mail, etc). I had to shutdown and restart to get it to work but it would lose connection again after an hour or so. I tried to restore the previous version from my computer where backup resided, but couldn't with "Find My Phone" enabled. It said to turn of this feature in Settings, but my Appleid password (which was correct), failed verification before it would allow be to turn it off. After some google searches I first tried a "Network reset (which failed), then tried a reset while at the same time plugging into computer with iTunes running. That allowed be to do another update (or restore which failed on that attempt), to iOS 13.5 again. After it appeared successful, I was able to turn off "Find my phone" and will monitor it (as it now seems to be OK). If I run into issues, at least I should be able to restore to the iOS 13.4 backup now the "Find my phone" option is disabled.

Usually when I have an iPhone issue, I just do the hard reset, that usually works for me. Don’t know why Apple can’t get there updates right, gets old keeping updating it all the time

Funny you should mention it. A few night ago I updated by iPhone X and iPad Pro 12" to iOS 13.5. The phone seems to be working fine, but the iPad kept losing WiFi after a hour or so and even cellular LTE wasn't allowing connection (just spinning wheel trying Safari websites, App store, mail, etc). I had to shutdown and restart to get it to work but it would lose connection again after an hour or so. I tried to restore the previous version from my computer where backup resided, but couldn't with "Find My Phone" enabled. It said to turn of this feature in Settings, but my Appleid password (which was correct), failed verification before it would allow be to turn it off. After some google searches I first tried a "Network reset (which failed), then tried a reset while at the same time plugging into computer with iTunes running. That allowed be to do another update (or restore which failed on that attempt), to iOS 13.5 again. After it appeared successful, I was able to turn off "Find my phone" and will monitor it (as it now seems to be OK). If I run into issues, at least I should be able to restore to the iOS 13.4 backup now the "Find my phone" option is disabled.

Huh?.... I don't even own a cell phone. Had a flip phone back when I was working, but no need for one now. Got the same land line # from 1977

Huh?.... I don't even own a cell phone. Had a flip phone back when I was working, but no need for one now. Got the same land line # from 1977
I have a landline as well and prefer making calls from there (better voice quality). iPhone is used for emergency comms and Apps/websites/camera, etc. when out away from my computer. A buddy of mine refuses to own any smart phone but owns a flip phone due to cost of plan and phone.

You think.... it's disabled.
Well it's disable from the standpoint of logging into iCloud.com to try and find it, and to be able to now do a restore from my computer. But you're right, there's software there that still tracking you via GPS, Bluetooth and any "hidden" code they have doing it. But android (Google operating system), probably does the same as I know google is right up there with Facebook on privacy concerns.

During this CV19 incident the Drs/Govt has stated the need to contact track those potentially exposed to cases in order to respond to outbreaks. All the providers have said they can do that. And since they're writing the programs they know how to do it without anyone knowing/thinking they've turned things off.

Fox did a test were they turned everything off that was related to tracking, and they discovered that the device still logged locations.

I've had an Android phone for years and now Google allows tracking from other sites to where if you go to certain websites and view a product such as Bass pro I'll get an email from them shorty after telling me about the product I've viewed. This is part of Google's new policy to allow this crap. I now have a VPN app on my phone to skirt around the tracking cookies and marketing bull Doo Doo.

During this CV19 incident the Drs/Govt has stated the need to contact track those potentially exposed to cases in order to respond to outbreaks. All the providers have said they can do that. And since they're writing the programs they know how to do it without anyone knowing/thinking they've turned things off.

Fox did a test were they turned everything off that was related to tracking, and they discovered that the device still logged locations.
Yes, I saw similar reports. iOS 13.5 introduces support for forthcoming Covid19 tracking apps using Bluetooth if the user enables it to do so (or so they say). But like the report you mentioned showed, they can still monitor the phone regardless.

I only have a TracPhone for emergency & long distance traveling needs. Otherwise it sits on my desk turned off.

I've been able to get around perfectly fine all these years without a phone that tells me what to do, and paper maps to travel across the country multiple times.

I have a hand-held GPS as a back-up to my primary use of maps & a compass when out in the hills.

Sad that society has to rely on stuff that can go T-up when a satellite and/or tower goes down.

I only have a TracPhone for emergency & long distance traveling needs. Otherwise it sits on my desk turned off.

I've been able to get around perfectly fine all these years without a phone that tells me what to do, and paper maps to travel across the country multiple times.

I have a hand-held GPS as a back-up to my primary use of maps & a compass when out in the hills.

Sad that society has to rely on stuff that can go T-up when a satellite and/or tower goes down.
Yup, I'm a map reader as well. I always have maps in the truck for wherever I'm going. Sad to say that reading a map (like other skills), is being lost to technology that can be disrupted due to numerous causes.

Yup, I'm a map reader as well. I always have maps in the truck for wherever I'm going. Sad to say that reading a map (like other skills), is being lost to technology that can be disrupted due to numerous causes.
👍 for map reading. Had it as part of my classroom curriculum, and taught [high school] students how to read/use highway maps.

Oh, we still have a land line also. :)

Back