testtest

IRON SIGHTS

I've been doing a fair amount of research trying to find aftermarket sights for my newly acquired SA Ronin Government 45ACP. So far haven't had much luck. Any help will be appreciated.
Congrats on getting a Ronin in ,45, curtner….A very good choice, imho !

I’m ex-mil, and entered service just a couple yrs after adoption of the 9mm M9; point is, in 22 yrs I never had experience with “the.45” …. Then, almost 6 yrs ago, I happened upon and bought an RIA basic GI 1911 at my LGS. Almost on a lark.
Fell in love immediately; wondering where she’d been all along 😉.
Started looking for something a bit more refined and ll/behold, Springer introduced the Ronin lineup and i leaped at it - even before the came out with the 9mil (gag) and commander length versions. So i was an early investor.
I now have other models, including a WC…but with the poss exception of my Ed Brown, honestly nothing really surpasses that Ronin. And when I do my TidalWave special [periodic] degreasing & cleaning , that thing is BEAUTIFUL .
Hope u enjoy yours.
My FO fills the rear notch pretty well. Wonder if they changed the front post somehow? Have u considered putting in a new tube and maybe flatten the end out a bit ?

Congrats on getting a Ronin in ,45, curtner….A very good choice, imho !

I’m ex-mil, and entered service just a couple yrs after adoption of the 9mm M9; point is, in 22 yrs I never had experience with “the.45” …. Then, almost 6 yrs ago, I happened upon and bought an RIA basic GI 1911 at my LGS. Almost on a lark.
Fell in love immediately; wondering where she’d been all along 😉.
Started looking for something a bit more refined and ll/behold, Springer introduced the Ronin lineup and i leaped at it - even before the came out with the 9mil (gag) and commander length versions. So i was an early investor.
I now have other models, including a WC…but with the poss exception of my Ed Brown, honestly nothing really surpasses that Ronin. And when I do my TidalWave special [periodic] degreasing & cleaning , that thing is BEAUTIFUL .
Hope u enjoy yours.
My FO fills the rear notch pretty well. Wonder if they changed the front post somehow? Have u considered putting in a new tube and maybe flatten the end out a bit ?
Thanks TidalWave. Got started on 1911's in basic training in 1964. I carried an old Remington-Rand 1911 in Vietnam. Over the years I've owned many. I sold my SA Emissary and purchased the Ronin. I have two others, a S&W 1911PD and a DW Vigil. From a visual perspective the Ronin looks great. Due to weather I won't get to the range probably for a couple of weeks or more. I have no doubts the Ronin will shoot a lot better than I do. I'm old school so a plain front post sight will work for me. I found the plain post at MGW's web site.

The tritium sight is somewhat expensive but I want quality.
Tritium is only useful for night shooting; it won't help your daytime sight picture at all. Also be aware that it has a definite life--I think the one I have on my M500 shotgun was pretty good for about 10 or so years, kinda-sorta visible for another ten, but it's completely dead now. Still, if you ever NEED to shoot in the dark during the time that it's alive, there's just about nothing better. I'm looking to have new tritiums put on that M500 this year, and also an 870 I bought a few years ago.

Know what you mean. My S&W 1911PD has tritium vials that died several years ago. Still not sure if I'm gonna get a night sight or a plain post. My old brain is going back and forth on which one to get. Thanks
The front dot on the Trijicon HD sights looks like a basketball sitting up there. You choose between yellow or orange dot. I put them on all my Sigs and Colt Commander and they work well for my old eyes. I also have Dawson front sight on my Colt Gold Cup. The skinny little stock sights just don't work for me any more. My personal preference is to have tritium sights on all my pistols-they really show their worth during night fire. Find something thzt works for you and good luck with it

Last edited:
The front dot on the Trijicon HD sights looks like a basketball sitting up there. You choose between yellow or orange dot. I put them on all my Sigs and Colt Commander and they work well for my old eyes. I also have Dawson front sight on my Colt Gold Cup. The skinny little stock sights just don't work for me any more. My personal preference is to have tririum sights on all my pistols-they really show their worth during night fire. Find something thzt works for you and good luck with it
On your side about the skinny stock front sights. I decided some time ago I preferred a tritium front sight and no tritium in the rear sight. More likely than not a lethal confrontation is probably gonna be at a relatively close range. To me finding the front sight quickly is more important than a perfect sight picture. It appears the sight dovetails on SA 1911's are proprietary. I have used Trijicon HD sights, they're very good. I will contact Trijicon Monday to see if they offer sights for SA 1911's. The Dawson sights look good also, don't know if they have them for SA 1911's. Thanks

On your side about the skinny stock front sights. I decided some time ago I preferred a tritium front sight and no tritium in the rear sight. More likely than not a lethal confrontation is probably gonna be at a relatively close range. To me finding the front sight quickly is more important than a perfect sight picture. It appears the sight dovetails on SA 1911's are proprietary. I have used Trijicon HD sights, they're very good. I will contact Trijicon Monday to see if they offer sights for SA 1911's. The Dawson sights look good also, don't know if they have them for SA 1911's. Thanks
I would recommend Ed Brown HD orange & tritium front post, except for the Spgfld dovetail cuts :/

Back