testtest

Is he the best ?

Best I have seen shoot, with a handgun at least. I saw Byron Fergusen shoot a longbow and I think he is the best shot I have ever seen with a weapon.
I watched Ted Nugent at an exhibition once. Some dude made a comment like “ well sure, but you’ve had countless hours and years shooting that bow. Uncle Ted told mr. smart ass to grab any bow off the rack ( hundreds of other people had their bows on the racks). Then he proceeded to put one in the bull from 60 yards and then split that arrow with his second shot.

I watched Ted Nugent at an exhibition once. Some dude made a comment like “ well sure, but you’ve had countless hours and years shooting that bow. Uncle Ted told mr. smart ass to grab any bow off the rack ( hundreds of other people had their bows on the racks). Then he proceeded to put one in the bull from 60 yards and then split that arrow with his second shot.

Met the Motor City Madman up at his hunting camp in Michigan. You are correct, The man can shoot. I can shoot bow, very well, but he is better. Much better with a compound. I shoot recurve traditionally with fingers. One year I got injured so shot a compound with everything torn off, shot sans sights with fingers.

Byron Ferguson is the best, with a longbow, I ever saw. He shot aspirin he tossed in the air. He ricocheted arrows off a ramp into the bull. He had two softball sized balls on string with golf ball sized holes swinging in opposite directions and he put the arrow thru both holes and put out the candle at a good 35 yards. It was an amazing show, I wish I had seen his teacher Howard Hill.

On the subject of Lena, were any of you as surprised as I when she left S&W? I absolutely understand the product development angle from Sig, and how attractive that must have been. The move surprised me, nonetheless.

Bill Oglesby is the fastest with a single action. I've seen him shoot 3 rounds and you only hear 1 shot. I've been outta the loop several years. I don't know if he still has a shop, Oglesby & Oglesby Gunmakers in Springfield, IL.

Back