testtest

Is it just me...

SSmith

Elite
I read a lot of these threads and not just here but on a few other boards. I see many people talk about selling a pistol or rifle that they like, to buy something else they think they will love. Now I completely understand not having the funds to always be able to make a new purchase, if my funds were unlimited I would be adding on to my house to have my own walk in gun vault and soon after would be looking for another new addition. I also understand if you don't like or feel uncomfortable with a weapon, getting rid of it. But I have to say, I have never considered selling any of mine. The ones I wasn't overly proficient or comfortable with, I worked with even more to get more comfortable with. I can't imagine selling any of my children, pets or weapons.
And yes I know and admit it, I have a problem! 😁😁

I don’t know to me guns all fit in use categories. So if you have to many in a certain use, and need one for a different use it might make sense. Like currently I have an xds mod 2 45, p365, and RO compact. All fit within a ccw use category although can be used in others as well. My RO compact has replaced the xds mod 2 sort of, I tend to carry the p365 the most and then the RO compact since I tote a spare 8 round mag. So my xds mod 2 has become redundant a bit and it’s not exactly a great range gun that I want to send hundreds of rounds out of but I do like shooting it still, always happy to send a few mags worth. I rarely carry it, but it’s nice to have in case I ever need to send the RO in for whatever the reason may be. I likely won’t ever sell it, but if I need extra cash to say buy a high capacity full size 9mm or another gun in a different use then likely it’s the first gun on my okay with selling list.

Just my personal opinion on the matter, others will feel totally different. That’s just the way I break it down.

I read a lot of these threads and not just here but on a few other boards. I see many people talk about selling a pistol or rifle that they like, to buy something else they think they will love. Now I completely understand not having the funds to always be able to make a new purchase, if my funds were unlimited I would be adding on to my house to have my own walk in gun vault and soon after would be looking for another new addition. I also understand if you don't like or feel uncomfortable with a weapon, getting rid of it. But I have to say, I have never considered selling any of mine. The ones I wasn't overly proficient or comfortable with, I worked with even more to get more comfortable with. I can't imagine selling any of my children, pets or weapons.
And yes I know and admit it, I have a problem! 😁😁
I’m gonna be rather to the point, here.

I find it incredibly disturbing that you equate gunsβ€”inanimate hunks of metal, wood, and/or plastic, to your kids & pets.

The fetishizing of firearms in the whole β€œgun culture”(don’t get me started there) is, frankly, disgusting.

i have sold guns, that just didn't fit my needs or desires anymore. i have bought guns due to the low price i paid for them, as they were new, but never used, and in someone's closet.
i have bought LGS guns, because they were what i wanted, not what someone told me to buy.

they are (to me) a simple commodity, that can be bought and sold in a heartbeat. i also take very good care of my guns, keeping them as pristine clean and lubed as possible. i have NEVER sold a gun in need of repairs or that were known to be defective. in fact, all my "mini collection" of guns? are under (now) 3 years of age, and NONE over 5,000 rounds shot thru them.

i have several guns as it is now, and sooner or later, a few will be going to the LGS to be sold.

they are like a car, truck, motorcycle, gold or silver coins, or even a home. after x amount of time, they can be sold, bought, maybe traded.

i cannot recall ever selling a gun, to simply buy another. the money is used for other things. sometimes, i have bought more ammo with the money from a gun sale.

and regarding pets, or kids being sold?

you cannot compare objects (guns, cars, trucks, motorcycles, homes, etc) to living beings.

inanimate objects are just that....lifeless.

I’m gonna be rather to the point, here.

I find it incredibly disturbing that you equate gunsβ€”inanimate hunks of metal, wood, and/or plastic, to your kids & pets.

The fetishizing of firearms in the whole β€œgun culture”(don’t get me started there) is, frankly, disgusting.
Thank you, I didn’t want to say anything since I guess I twisted someone into a pretzel in another thread already today.

This also opens the door to say my opinion, to me guns are a tool to be used for a specific purpose. I once owned 4 AR’s now none. I do have a rifle now I know I will never part with and will be given to my son when I pass away. Handguns? I’ve sold and traded in and bought others with no regrets.

In my mind guns are tools, like any other. If the tool is useful I have room for it, if it's not so useful I will move it down the road to find a better. If I find a better tool than one I previously really liked I still just might trade in the old tool for the new. Now sometimes I may regret doing so, green grass syndrome, but that is also easy enough to resolve.

Now I do have a few sentimental ones from my father that are going to my nephews but those are the only untouchable safe queens.

Last edited:
That was definitely a bit harsh haha but I understood where you were coming from.

As for selling a gun, I've never had the urge other than the one I won't name that gave me fits to no end. And even that one took me many repairs and months of patience before deciding to move it.

My reply maybe came out a little harsher than intended, but…far too often, I’ve heard it from people who don’t mean it in jest.

And as I said, it’s something that disgusts me about a segment of the gun owning population.
Well, I have some guns and some guitars and basses that while certainly I wouldn't equate their importance up their with children, I certainly care a whole lot for them and would never consider selling them. Frankly I have never met anyone who would consider them as important as children. And nearly everyone I know kinda qualifies as a gun guy.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
And another thread is officially off the rails.
I’m laughing so hard I’m crying.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Try to remember what she says πŸ˜‰

1651107846375.gif

Back