testtest

is it too much to ask, for the money we spend..???

I was just trying to let you know not to stress yourself about the MSH, it is a low stress part, but I understand completely, as for plastic faced triggers, yes, I don’t like them and that’s what has kept me from getting a Ronin 1911. As for MIM, I rather have a forged or tooled steel extractor than a MIM, I haven’t had any issues with mine, but I do keep a spare just in case. I also agree that for the price you pay for a good 1911, it should be metal, all over. Again I was only trying to relay to you not to put to much worry in the MSH being plastic, that’s all.
1669915647317.png

Not all plastic is the same, just like not all metal is the same. We tend to over-simplify these things, rather than trying to understand them from a materials perspective.

Regardless, you can get a high quality metal MSH from Wilson Combat for $35-$55 bucks and be done with it.

Not all plastic is the same, just like not all metal is the same. We tend to over-simplify these things, rather than trying to understand them from a materials perspective.

Regardless, you can get a high quality metal MSH from Wilson Combat for $35-$55 bucks and be done with it.
actually, i buy them from Ed Brown

It's like anything else though. You do your research and decide which products you want to spend your money on. I know plenty of guys who buy MIM Fender guitars for about $500 and then spend another $500 to change the wiring and the pickups, machine heads, bridge, etc. and consider themselves as getting a good deal. I am a guy however who would, and has, found used MIA Telecasters for under a grand that already have the things I want on them. New those guitars are in the $1800 range.

My point is if you like the gun enough you will buy it. If the MSH bothers you, you will replace it. Or you'll just buy a different gun to begin with. It's all market capitalism brother.
Funny you mention the guitar example. I have bought guitars like that(had original parts swapped out) after the owner didn't like all the modifications he made to it or was hurting for money. I think this happens with firearms also. I try to find firearms that fit me and have the features I want already installed, that way I can spend my money on important stuff, like a bunch of different holsters for it I'll never use. But I am glad I saved an old 1911 Bob Mernickle inside the pants holster because it fits my recently acquired S&W M&P EZ 9 mm very well...:) As far cheaper 1911s that have a following. I have owned a Tisas 1911 and a Taurus PT1911 and they both were reliable and accurate. They both came standard with ambi-safety levers which spoiled me since I'm a lefty...:)

My beef is the plastic guide rod. I've had to replace with metal last 2 guns I've bought. GSG & Taurus.
tell me about it. i had bought a Beretta 92FS.....it is great, i love it.

however, it had a plastic trigger and plastic guide rod, for the money i spent on it. in contrast, the Girsan MC Regard the clone i bought, all was metal.

my buddy's (older) Beretta had all metal parts. cost me like an additional $40 for a steel trigger and guide rod/spring from Beretta.

Back