testtest

Is range time therapeutic?

It's very therapeutic for me. I was going through cancer treatment most of 2019 and being with friends and blowing tanerite with my ar15 took my mind off the nausea and pain. All well now and still having a blast. Pun intended.
That's wonderful..... very happy for you. Have medical issue of my own to do battle with. Range, reloading, cleaning the weapons takes the mind off it. As does sitting and talking with the wife and grandkids.

I always hear people say, "You should go to the range to get out your anger or aggression." It was never that way for me. The range was not only a place to sharpen skills, but also a place for me to unplug from the world. I block everything out from the day and I am only thinking about what I am doing in that particular moment. Nothing else matters.

I have a son who has high functioning Autism and "stims." (rapid hand flapping in his case) Thinking shooting would help curb that a bit and help him develop much needed hand\eye skills, I decided to start bringing him to the range. This was a risk for me as it drove a wedge between my wife and I, and folks on the Autism spectrum don't particularly like loud noises. Anyway, fast forward to continued working with him for years and now he can consistently produce groups like the attached.

For me anyway, range time is a time to improve skills, reconnect with yourself, spend time with your children and to teach them. Then I hear some politician say they want to do away with places to shoot or worse. I'm sorry, they have no clue.

I would be interested to hear your stories or what you think.
I also have a son with Autism But he is on the mindset of a 5 or 6 yr old @ 41 yrs old = you should be Proud hes able Focus and Enjoy Activity , Good Job - Keep him safe

Most definitely for me. I get to spend time outdoors with people I care about doing something I enjoy. A little friendly competition only adds to the enjoyment and de-clutters my feeble brain.

Great stories. I found that shooting was another opportunity to spend quality time with my kids, getting them outdoors. I did the same thing with hunting, fishing, and archery. These are all good wholesome activities that they can hopefully pass on to their children some day.
Clearly, you are a great dad. In today's Xbox/Playstation world, kids miss out on so much. They need to get outside more! Good to hear!

It's very therapeutic for me. I was going through cancer treatment most of 2019 and being with friends and blowing tanerite with my ar15 took my mind off the nausea and pain. All well now and still having a blast. Pun intended.
I lost my dad to cancer so I know a little of what you went through. Hearing you came out on top made my week. Thank you for sharing! It's great you found something to help pull you through.

After having carried that darn heavy M-14 (and lots of luberplate) for years.I didn't touch a firearm for many years.Found that getting back to the range gave me a renewed sense of peace.After a few hours at the range.I feel relaxed and secure in todays nutso society.It's like re-uniting with an old friend.Part of me was missing.Now I'm whole again.Guess that sounds nuts !

After having carried that darn heavy M-14 (and lots of luberplate) for years.I didn't touch a firearm for many years.Found that getting back to the range gave me a renewed sense of peace.After a few hours at the range.I feel relaxed and secure in todays nutso society.It's like re-uniting with an old friend.Part of me was missing.Now I'm whole again.Guess that sounds nuts !
Doesn't sound nuts to me at all. Sounds like you have earned it. Welcome back to being whole!

Back