testtest

Is the FAL really any good?

I have never used any modified after market mags as FAL’s are finicky for anything but standard FAL mags.

i run the 30 round mags for extra ammo.
I have never in 20 yrs heard of any Beta Mag or other working well. The beta was prone to problems

i run 5 FAL’s and only use the 75 million factory standard mags produced for it
Thanks! Until my Beta mag is extensively field tested, I will rely on the MANY factory 20 round mags I have! Maybe someone else has some real world fal beta mag experience that I can learn from. Oh, I do have a few 30 round mags from DSA, (I actually grew up in Barrington Hills, Il, and DSA is just up Rt. 14 from me). You said the 30 round mags work well??

Sand cut bolt pic.

1st, I am confused about why you did not detail/explain how a FAL is "field stripped", and how it is easily the simplest rifle to "open up" to remove the bolt/bolt carrier and access it's internals. A lever on the upper rear of the "upper receiver", just like the lever that opens an over/under and/or a side by side shotgun, is all that is needed to "open" the FAL, (pivoting open like an AR). The bolt/bolt carrier can then simply be pulled out by the attached hinged rod that serves as the contact point with the recoil spring housed in the butt stock, (Think the hammer stirrup on a 1911 pistol). The "internals" of the rifle are thus exposed for cleaning. No tools are required for this process.
2nd, after building a "80%" AR, I see no difference in the "number of parts" contained in either rifle, nor do I see any significant difference in the tools and process required to completely disassemble either rifle. Actually, the AR/Stoner rifle contains more spring detent parts, which are far more complex/cumbersome to assemble/disassemble, BTW.
3rd, admittedly I have NO experience field stripping/disassembling other semi automatic .308 mag fed rifles, but if anyone can detail how any of them are easier to field strip, disassemble, and have less parts than a FAL, I would like to be educated.
The HK91 is pretty easy, as well; push out two pins, remove the buttstock; bolt carrier falls out the back of the receiver when you operate the cocking handle.

Disassembling the bolt is just a matter of rotating it.

Thanks! Until my Beta mag is extensively field tested, I will rely on the MANY factory 20 round mags I have! Maybe someone else has some real world fal beta mag experience that I can learn from. Oh, I do have a few 30 round mags from DSA, (I actually grew up in Barrington Hills, Il, and DSA is just up Rt. 14 from me). You said the 30 round mags work well??
You wont get real world beta mag data because they were horrible and didnt work at all ... thus your issue.

go to FAL files and forums and read the thousands of posts on a dedicated FAL site. This forum is limited to several of us with FAL’s. If you want good answers, go to those sites not here.
Dont seek Chevy knowledge at a Ford dealer....

You wont get real world beta mag data because they were horrible and didnt work at all ... thus your issue.

go to FAL files and forums and read the thousands of posts on a dedicated FAL site. This forum is limited to several of us with FAL’s. If you want good answers, go to those sites not here.
Dont seek Chevy knowledge at a Ford dealer....
Can you provide a link or two to these forums? I did a simple FAL Forum search with led me here. It really stinks that I have a ridiculously expensive .308 ammo "organizer". LOL

Can you provide a link or two to these forums? I did a simple FAL Forum search with led me here. It really stinks that I have a ridiculously expensive .308 ammo "organizer". LO
Can you provide a link or two to these forums? I did a simple FAL Forum search with led me here. It really stinks that I have a ridiculously expensive .308 ammo "organizer". LOL
Uhh.. ok. Google is pretty simple.
Top 2 hits:

Falfiles.com

In terms of pure functionality, I see no reason to choose a FAL over a modern AR10 in 7.62x51/308.

But they're still cool if you care about that.

Back