testtest

Is the SA-35 Suited for Modern CCW? An Undercover Cop’s Perspective

I just purchased one and excited to pick it up. I'm looking for a good quality leather holster and more importantly a good tritium front sight. Seems like holsters and tritium sights are a ways off from being available.

I love the Ameriglo trooper sights I have on all my Glocks and would like to get a similar set on on my new SA-35.

Does anyone have any suggestions???
Most if not all quality leather holsters for a 5 inch 1911 will fit the SA-35.

For me the first thing I do is figure out what ammo the gun likes. I have found ( For me) strikers like HST ( everything likes HST because HST is bad ass :) ) and the first target ammo I try out is usually Blazer Brass or WWB.

Once I have that sorted I start counting. Frankly I don't remember the last gun that had a failure of any kind other than a 1911 or an AR. I had a squib in my P30L because like an idiot I tried to run some Silver Bear through it. Wasn't really a squib though, the case got stuck in the chamber. The Silver Bear was never a consideration I just had some and wanted to get rid of it. Which I did. In the trash can.
Yes, I had gotten a really great deal on the AutoComp ($10 for the pound), but had Zero experience with the powder. Following the Starting Load, I loaded up a box of 50 (usually I do just 10). Didn't matter which gun, it wouldn't cycle the slide. Jumped up a bit the second go around and it still wouldn't cycle in the M9. Third time halfway between min and max worked fine. I ended up though going within 1/10th of a grain below max, as halfway chrono'ed below where I like 9 to run.
I doubt I'll ever buy AutoComp again, because it's way down the list for the 135 gr I prefer running, as being a recommended powder. I've used several other powders before, bit this was the first powder I've ever used that failed to cycle at the minimum in 40+ years of reloading.
I'm with you on the steel cased ammo. I read all these reviews that say it's OK, but mild steel is still harder than brass, and that means it's going to cause chamber wear at some point if you run enough of it. I spent too much upgrading my ARs barrel to want to repeat it just to save a few bucks on ammo.

Really, it comes down to a personal choice. If you're comfortable with a single stack, single action full size gun for CCW, and it has no issues feeding your preferred Self Defense Ammo, then go for it.
Personally, I think there are better options, but that's my opinion, and the only one who listens to my opinion, is my cat.

Really, it comes down to a personal choice. If you're comfortable with a single stack, single action full size gun for CCW, and it has no issues feeding your preferred Self Defense Ammo, then go for it.
Personally, I think there are better options, but that's my opinion, and the only one who listens to my opinion, is my cat.
Neither the BHP, SA35, nor the Turkish versions are single stack, nor have they ever been.

13-17rd mags are readily available for all of them, meaning they’re on par with the plastic fantastic darlings.

In short, they give up nothing to other designs.

HI POWERs are not single stack, never have been.

Neither the BHP, SA35, nor the Turkish versions are single stack, nor have they ever been.

13-17rd mags are readily available for all of them, meaning they’re on par with the plastic fantastic darlings.

In short, they give up nothing to other designs.
My error. I meant to leave it at single action, and got ahead of myself *and forgot to proof rad it)
Thanks for correcting my misstatement.

Back