testtest

Is this normal wear?

dkirk18

Operator
I just noticed this on my Hellcat OSP. Besides the testing at SA before it was shipped out, it's had about 250 rounds through it so far. TIA!

*the spots in question are be the extractor*

Attachments

• 20221122_031853.jpg
    20221122_031853.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 122
I just noticed this on my Hellcat OSP. Besides the testing at SA before it was shipped out, it's had about 250 rounds through it so far. TIA!

*the spots in question are be the extractor*
If by “wear” you’re referring to the 2 marks in the slide cutout they could be caused by the spent case being ejected, can they be rubbed out with an oily rag?
Are you shooting steel cased ammo?

Remember your gun will not stay new looking as you put rounds through it.

If by “wear” you’re referring to the 2 marks in the slide cutout they could be caused by the spent case being ejected, can they be rubbed out with an oily rag?
Are you shooting steel cased ammo?

Remember your gun will not stay new looking as you put rounds through it.
they were steel cased. Monarch Lacquer coated. I recently got a 32 round Promag and last night was testing if they'd all eject properly. They did, however after doing it once I noticed the lines. I'll try an oily rag. Thanks

they were steel cased. Monarch Lacquer coated. I recently got a 32 round Promag and last night was testing if they'd all eject properly. They did, however after doing it once I noticed the lines. I'll try an oily rag. Thanks
Sounds like you have a handle on it.

You may not be able to get ride of them completely but an aggressive rubbing with an oily rag should diminish them over time.

As mentioned above if the gun shoots and your happy with it that’s all that matters.

thanks yal! I'm just super OCD...but I understand it's a tool and will get marks as time goes on.I'm gonna leave em be..
if you ever get a 1911, there is a scratch you can get if you ain't careful, it's called the "idiot scratch"...

THAT is ONE scratch you'll never wanna see.......especially at some of the prices of a 1911.....!!!!!

this is a picture i got from the web....

1669135091505.jpeg

I never use steel case ammo in any of my guns, to me there to hard on the extractor, others will disagree, just me, I have used the Blazer aluminum cases once, didn’t like how dirty it made my gun.

if you ever get a 1911, there is a scratch you can get if you ain't careful, it's called the "idiot scratch"...

THAT is ONE scratch you'll never wanna see.......especially at some of the prices of a 1911.....!!!!!

this is a picture i got from the web....

View attachment 32706
This is the only thing I can say I dislike about a 1911. However one of the many reasons I love Beretta... Simply push in on one side and rotate lever on the other and the slide comes right off. The engineers really got that right!

This is the only thing I can say I dislike about a 1911. However one of the many reasons I love Beretta... Simply push in on one side and rotate lever on the other and the slide comes right off. The engineers really got that right!
My Sigs all look like new. No ugly scratches, slightly better engineering 😂🤣
That said, I used a couple boxes of that CCI aluminum case 9 back in the 90s , boy I'm glad my gun was black to start with. Christ, it took forever to get clean. That black soot was like anti-seize, it got everywhere.

Back