testtest

Is This The Ultimate Lever Gun for Self Defense?

Good post Talyn. I say what ever firearm you're comfortable using in a home defense scenario, that's the firearm for you. I think I'd wait on getting a Marlin, I'd like to see what Ruger has planned for them (as in new models, etc.) I am interested in the Marlin "Dark Series" and Henry's "X" models though, but they're tough to find in LGS around me currently.

I’d use my 1894C in .357 for defense with no second thoughts, sitting plain-Jayne...but I’d like to put some XS Express sights on it.

Hmm...to Brownells!

(also, I’d likely run .38+P in it; you can get 10 rounds in the tube that way, and they'll be pushing low-level .357 velocity out of the 16” barrel...more if you runs some boutique .36+P).

I don't know that I would specifically set one up for SD/HD. Especially when I have so many other options available already. I do think it is a decent choice for some people and there's no inherent reason why you couldn't, but....

I don't know that I would specifically set one up for SD/HD. Especially when I have so many other options available already. I do think it is a decent choice for some people and there's no inherent reason why you couldn't, but....
Used for home defense by every homesteader west of the Mississippi for a very long time before even bolt action rifles

I’d use my 1894C in .357 for defense with no second thoughts, sitting plain-Jayne...but I’d like to put some XS Express sights on it.

I left my 1894C stock, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it as my home defense gun. 10 rounds of .357 Magnum fired from an 18.5" barrel should be more than enough to discourage continued criminal behavior. If you want a higher capacity, it will hold one more round of .38 Special +P. Either cartridge packs plenty of punch coming out of a rifle barrel.

I used to have the Marlin 1895 in 45-70 but ended up in saling it. Would love to get another but with the 26 inch barrel

Back