testtest

is your car smarter than you..??

Old_Me

Ronin
ok, i was just on another website, a trucking website in fact. one of the members there, posted a story about our cars or next car will be smarter than us....

to wit i tell a true story, that happens to me DAILY......

here it goes..

as i am driving, and say i need to call someone, i push the button on the steering wheel, to make a call.....

i then have to say in a rather LOUD voice......"call Paula 1" (someone in my family)

then the voice from the bluetooth comes on and says, "calling Pizza"

WHERE DA HELL DO YOU GET PIZZA FROM PAULA...??????

if the blue tooth does not say that, it'll say something even stupider like, "Pizza has no home phone"...

LIKE WTF......????????

i pull out my cell phone, and push the speed dial button for PAULA.......>!!!!!!!

so NOOOoooooooo.....our cars will NEVER BE as smart as us...........

true events, that happen to me DAILY

anyone else...???????????????????

ok, i was just on another website, a trucking website in fact. one of the members there, posted a story about our cars or next car will be smarter than us....

to wit i tell a true story, that happens to me DAILY......

here it goes..

as i am driving, and say i need to call someone, i push the button on the steering wheel, to make a call.....

i then have to say in a rather LOUD voice......"call Paula 1" (someone in my family)

then the voice from the bluetooth comes on and says, "calling Pizza"

WHERE DA HELL DO YOU GET PIZZA FROM PAULA...??????

if the blue tooth does not say that, it'll say something even stupider like, "Pizza has no home phone"...

LIKE WTF......????????

i pull out my cell phone, and push the speed dial button for PAULA.......>!!!!!!!

true events, that happen to me DAILY

anyone else...???????????????????
Yes, daily.
Same scenario, But not pizza. Some other BS

Bluetooth is an ignorant part on my vehicles. Just as bad as spell incorrect on mobile devices! Everyone in the vehicle gets a laugh when I say "call Bailey". I get replies in a form of "excuse me", calling Mario, calling O'Realies (O'REILLY'S), Buddy, and numberous other things. The only way I can call Bailey is by saying "call Billy". I've tried using hands free calling in Spanish. That got interesting!

9E868ABA-B758-4FBA-9465-4F31DDC6E927.gif

When I tell mine to call my wife or daughter half the time it tells me it can't find a connected device. So I have to tap the Phone screen (which shows my phone is connected), select Favorites, select my wife or daughter and then select call. Glad I didn't have to touch my phone. 🙄

Luckily, this works as intended on my car. When I first set it up, I had to read a sentence listed in my owners manual to set the system to my voice. I can also control my radio and navigation. The manual also said to speak slowly and clearly although I have to close the windows if there's too much ambient noise outside.

Luckily, this works as intended on my car. When I first set it up, I had to read a sentence listed in my owners manual to set the system to my voice. I can also control my radio and navigation. The manual also said to speak slowly and clearly although I have to close the windows if there's too much ambient noise outside
the dealer set up my phone, and it worked fine for a few weeks......

then the BS, of......... "calling pizza", instead of "paula" started..

many times too it's get, "calling paula" screwed up with "calling rilot"....(RI Lottery)..like WTH...???????

or, "calling Doyle".....my eye doctor........!!!!!!!

why bother.....if a cop were to ever pull me over cause he see's me on my cell phone instead of the bluetooth..??

i can easily demonstrate it to him/her, and make a fast getaway as he/she is rolling on the ground laughing.........

I do not agree in the necessity or reliance of (automobile) voice activated or input of anything. I am convinced that all this gadgetry not only adds costs, but leads to more distracted driving and failures on many levels…point being, even with the contest between man vs. car tech, the issue of the desired action or feature is not certain.
C42CDB0C-C55B-4A3B-B324-899F83CD30C8.jpeg

I do not agree in the necessity or reliance of (automobile) voice activated or input of anything. I am convinced that all this gadgetry not only adds costs, but leads to more distracted driving and failures on many levels…point being, even with the contest between man vs. car tech, the issue of the desired action or feature is not certain.
View attachment 30783
Most everything is becoming electronic/computerized and will be setup for massive failure!

I do not agree in the necessity or reliance of (automobile) voice activated or input of anything. I am convinced that all this gadgetry not only adds costs, but leads to more distracted driving and failures on many levels…point being, even with the contest between man vs. car tech, the issue of the desired action or feature is not certain
I was going to reply to this earlier but my car wouldn’t let me text and drive.

I've met people that are dumber than any manner of inanimate objects. So for a large part of our population their car, their phone, their refridgerator and most of their other appliances will be smarter than them. Many can't even manage a cell phone. You would probably be amazed at how often I use the phrase "smart phone, dumb user", and YES I am one of those old codgers that is not supposed to be technically savvy.

I drive a 1987 Toyota pickup. It doesn't even have power windows. It does what I tell it to.
I drive an '01 Pontiac Firebird. When I turn the key it starts, when I put it in D it goes forward, when I put it in reverse it goes backwards. It only does what I tell it to and thats fine with me. On the other hand, my trophy wife has a '18 Ford Escape Titanium that does everything but cook dinner. It has a problem understanding plain english as well. You push the button, tell it navigation and then say go to "X" and it answers with 'did you say go to some other location I never said nor heard of before. One time out of pure frustration when it spouted some unrecognizable location I said yes and it replied that it could not find the location. "Then why the hell are you asking me if I want to go there?" In my Firebird I attach a GPS to my windshield it understands my every direction. I decided to show my trophy wife the auto parallel park feature one day. When I finished and looked over expecting to see a look of surprise and awe I saw pure terror. She said don't ever do that again, it scares me. Last time I went somewhere that I had an option to pull in or parallel park, I asked her if I should parallel park? You know that sideways glance that says don't push it? Well, she does that real good so I just pulled in...

Back