testtest

Is Your CCW System Built on a Flawed Foundation?

Good article. Have used Hanks Gunner belts for a long time. I have two one home and one for work, before I retired. Both still look great. Now one usually tends to be for jeans one for cargos. With a 100 year warranty they might be used by my grandkids kids...

Last edited:
When I started carrying a gun I knew absolutely nothing and I tried to carry my CZ75B on a Walmart belt. If I remember correctly the belt actually split.

Then I switched to a Tony Lama leather belt. I assumed the belt would be adequate because I bought it from my local gun store. I will say Tony Lama makes a good Western leather belt but it's not designed for carrying a handgun on. Again, I am not by any means saying that it was a poor quality belt, it just wasn't designed for what I was using it for.

I don't remember who told me about Wilderness Tactical Instructor Belts. But I bought one because it was an approved uniform substitute belt for HSS who was my employer at the time.

To make a long story short Wilderness Tactical does make a really good gun belt and I tried that one and I was satisfied. I still have it. I've had it for 15 years and it's still in good shape.

I never really tried any other belts once I got the Wilderness Tactical because it worked and as I mentioned before it was approved for wear with my work uniform so I didn't have to hide it. And Wilderness tactical belts last forever so except for the fact that I gained weight I never had cause to replace one. So I didn't bother looking around for other belts.

Now that I'm retired my normal style of dress accommodates hiding the belt.

Last edited:
Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Is Your CCW System Built on a Flawed Foundation?” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/is-your-ccw-system-built-on-a-flawed-foundation/.

Nice article. I was lucky to find a small supplier out of Ohio for my CCW Belt needs. And I think I have 6 or 7 from them. All custom made, length, number holes, material, width, in a variety of finishes. All reinforced to handle the extra weight and all could pass for everyday belts. Not a reimbursed agent, just a very satisfied customer, check out BullHIdeBelts.

Back