testtest

It looks like Bushmaster and DPMS are done for.

Some of this is due no doubt to the competitive market and saturation of the MSR/AR platforms. I am fortunate to live in an area with over a dozen readily available firearms stores from big box, regional and mom and pop stores. Some have 50+ MSR’s behind the counter.

i cant tell you the last time any of these stores mentioned to me or handed me a DPMS or Bushy when shopping/kicking tires even though both brands were on the racks.

Remington says the want to "focus" on their outdoor brands, colt wanted to "focus" on their contract sales, Vista wanted to "focus" on their non-firearm brands when they sold off savage, AOBC is spinning off Smith and Wesson for the same reasons. Read the PRs, they all say the same thing. The big money from private equity, banks, and the packaging and selling of companies is scared off because the uncertainly of the future of gun rights and the subsequent effect on the market. These conglomerates are turning their backs on the gun owners and have ruined some of the most iconic names in firearms in search of growth and profit.

When companies are turning down gun sales to make themselves more attractive to investors it's a canary in a coal mine for the gun market. It means the banks think the tides are turning and if investors and banks don't finance gun companies you're gonna see massive changes.
Agreed HotRod. State Governments like NY and others, are going after banks and pressuring them to stop doing business with the NRA and the Firearms industry. In my opinion, this is no less than blackmail and extortion. Examples include the elimination of coverage in NJ (perhaps other states as well), of USCCA insurance and the elimination of the NRA Carry Guard insurance program.

EDIT: Here's a link referencing my remarks I neglected to include.

Last edited:
I was working for Marlin Firearms when Remington bought the company and made promises to not move the company out of North Haven Connecticut. Less then 4 years later they were laying employees off to move operations to there New York property. I understand business decisions but for myself and fellow employees who I worked with for years Remington was all about money. No love lost for Remington’s trouble.
The other companies in this post I believe are victims of what is happening in this country because the bad about firearms is in the news and the good is never or hardly ever showcased. When I worked for Mossberg and Obama was in office he was known as the country’s greatest gun salesman due to constantly threatening to ban certain firearms. When Trump took office sales tanked because that fear was gone. It will be our votes that will keep our rights in force.

Yeah I am trying to keep up with the news on this myself. I have an Older Bushmaster and a DPMS Gen2 Recon that believe it or not shoots lights out and is, or so far has been very reliable. I have been trying to find an aftermarket charging handle and a company, besides DPMS that makes BCG’s for it but no luck. Well I think Geissele makes a charging handle for it?? I have found a couple company’s that make a rail which I would like to replace.

Oh and everyone that's accustomed to cheap Chinese goods are gonna get a big surprise when they realize that China is shutting down PERMANENTLY because of the TENS OF THOUSANDS of people dropping dead EVERY week.

'MADE IN USA' is about to make a HUGE, SUDDEN COMEBACK!!

I don't know of any chicom AR's. But you can buy rifle kits for $299 and stripped lowers for $40, I sometimes have seen them as low as $25 though that's rare.

Pretty easy to find complete rifles in the $400 - $500 range.

And there's the fact that everyone bought the snot out of them during the obama years. Supply is currently way ahead of demand, so it's hard to sell ones that cost a lot more.

Agreed HotRod. State Governments like NY and others, are going after banks and pressuring them to stop doing business with the NRA and the Firearms industry. In my opinion, this is no less than blackmail and extortion. Examples include the elimination of coverage in NJ (perhaps other states as well), of USCCA insurance and the elimination of the NRA Carry Guard insurance program.

EDIT: Here's a link referencing my remarks I neglected to include.

So much for arming law enforcement or variants of!

I haven't bought a complete factory AR in 20 years. I decided then to build myself so I wouldn't have to swap out what comes from the factory with better aftermarket parts.

I haven't bought a complete factory AR in 20 years. I decided then to build myself so I wouldn't have to swap out what comes from the factory with better aftermarket parts.
I have only bought 3 complete ARs and the other 40 that I own I built myself! Some of for your reasons also!

Back