testtest

It Looks Like Thompson/Center Arms is Getting a Reboot

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The iconic firearms brand that dates to 1965 is once again independent and has big plans for the future.

Outdoor industry figure Gregg Ritz announced last Monday that he had acquired Thompson/Center Arms and plans to “reinvigorate the brand and its legacy in the firearms market.” Ritz was previously the CEO of the company before 2007.

1715012967963.png

The iconic firearms brand that dates to 1965 is once again independent and has big plans for the future.

Outdoor industry figure Gregg Ritz announced last Monday that he had acquired Thompson/Center Arms and plans to “reinvigorate the brand and its legacy in the firearms market.” Ritz was previously the CEO of the company before 2007.

View attachment 57281
Some if my most memorable days with the contender pistol was my silhouette days

I still have one of the eventual three Contenders I owned back in the 70's, 80's and into the 90's. I shot many thousands of rounds in various calibers in NRA Hunter Pistol Silhouette, both big bore and small bore. Can't remember tha actual name for the long range silhouette game though. Current pistol has .22lr, .22mag, and .38spl/357mag bbls all scoped. The one for the long range went to my yard son when we moved here to the 'institution'. It had a .357Herret, .30Herret, and a .270Ren bbls. The last one, also gone with my yard son, was a Contender carbine conversion I used for the NRA smallbore rifle silhouette game. Three of the finest, most accurate guns I've ever owned. Very glad I kept my original Contender.

Of the folks (inmates) around here who also enjoy the shooting sports, few have ever heard of Thompson Center and always enjoy shooting my Contender when they go to the range with me. But few will take advantage of my TC Encore with .270Win and 7mm08, and 30/06 bbls. Those big ol' bullets seem to make them a little wary. LOL!

Back