testtest

It's about time!

Recent purchases don't and shouldn't stop any law abiding citizen from making multiple purchases. The FBI has no way to know if the individual is making a "straw " purchase which is illegal. But there are laws on the books for those who violate these. That is why they are indicted in this article. There are already checks and balances for these kind of people. Plus the article seems to be lacking some information. I couldn't find what time frame the 87 firearms were purchased. In my opinion, it doesn't matter. If you want to buy as many as you can afford, you should be able to do so as a law abiding citizen. If you are otherwise conducting a straw purchase, there are laws that punish those who do it and violate the law.

Recent purchases don't and shouldn't stop any law abiding citizen from making multiple purchases. The FBI has no way to know if the individual is making a "straw " purchase which is illegal. But there are laws on the books for those who violate these. That is why they are indicted in this article. There are already checks and balances for these kind of people. Plus the article seems to be lacking some information. I couldn't find what time frame the 87 firearms were purchased. In my opinion, it doesn't matter. If you want to buy as many as you can afford, you should be able to do so as a law abiding citizen. If you are otherwise conducting a straw purchase, there are laws that punish those who do it and violate the law.
Exactly.

I also believe that persons who are not prohibited should be able to purchase what they want when they want it. It is alleged that Mr. Wilson was used as a straw buyer to purchase guns from at least August 2020 to April 2021. In Virginia this would be hard to do because we labor under the one gun a month rule, but you're exempt from that rule if you have a concealed carry permit. If a person buys 10 guns a month for a period of 9 months at what point is it reasonable to question that? If a person buys 2 or more handguns at the same time then the dealer has to send in a multiple sale form to ATF within 24 hours. If an additional purchase is made within five days from the previous purchase, this purchase is part of the previous multiple sale and must be reported as part of that multiple sale.

Back