testtest

It’s Done And What A Deal I Got

So after taking a deeper dive into the box the gun came in I found it included a second rubber grip……
I’m going to keep the wood grip on the gun.
View attachment 37892
It also looks like I have the basic 856 model which is SA/DA
Although I do prefer all black guns the two tone finish on this one is well done with a black cylinder, hammer and cylinder release and Matt grey frame and barrel.
The black/grey laminate wood grip gives the gun a classic look.
I remember when S&W first came out with there 686 SSR revolver, it came with the wood grips on and a set of rubber ones also, like you, I kept the wooden ones on, many talk down Taurus revolvers, but my Raging Hunter is flawless, since seeing the grips on your new one, I have been searching for a set of wood grips now for my Hunter, now avail yet, but the day is young, enjoy your new revolver!

Let me make something very clear!!!

Someone on the forum I trust and respect brought something to my attention when I posted that during the sale of my M1A I purchased the Taurus 38Sp revolver………..

(“for my lady”)
Basically a poor choice of words.

The purchase of the revolver was by me and for me and was not done to provide a firearm to someone who can’t purchase one themselves.

So after taking a deeper dive into the box the gun came in I found it included a second rubber grip……
I’m going to keep the wood grip on the gun.
View attachment 37892
It also looks like I have the basic 856 model which is SA/DA
Although I do prefer all black guns the two tone finish on this one is well done with a black cylinder, hammer and cylinder release and Matt grey frame and barrel.
The black/grey laminate wood grip gives the gun a classic look.
This is the same grip I have on my .380 revolver and it is the ONLY rubber grip i have actually kept on a handgun. Very comfortable grip.

20210613_120113.jpg

Let me make something very clear!!!

Someone on the forum I trust and respect brought something to my attention when I posted that during the sale of my M1A I purchased the Taurus 38Sp revolver………..

(“for my lady”)
Basically a poor choice of words.

The purchase of the revolver was by me and for me and was not done to provide a firearm to someone who can’t purchase one themselves.
This is a good tangent for a thread if I ever read one. You "gifted" it after purchase. Perfectly legal (I think)...;).

Sad to hear that your sold your M1A. Hope you got a fair price for it. I too, sold mine less than a week ago. No regrets, but it was definitely harder to let that one go. Nice looking revolver though, and those grips are SWEET. Enjoy brother!!

I find it interesting that for the longest time I had no interest in revolvers, now I find myself looking at them more.
And buying them!
That's not a bad thing i do not think. These days I find that I grab a revolver for about 100 percent of my around the homestead and woods wandering time. And about 50 percent of my Concealed carry use.

My biggest pistol carry time is warm weather around town or when I am going towards Detroit or Flint.

Back