testtest

It’s one in a million—until it happens to you. WEAR YOUR EYEPRO!

I had a .22 casing come right back and hit me square in the middle of my right lens. I just took the safety glasses off and was wearing my regular glasses and it left a permanent scratch right dead center. Lesson learned to always have safety glasses on even when you're wearing regular glasses.

Last edited:
OUCH man! Glad you're ok.

also...

1677763223783.png

Put up a couple of green rat poison blocks zip tied to the tree. They decimate the squirrels for a season or two. That is what we use in the fruit orchard.

I almost lost an eye to a nail. Hammered it and boom, it came back at me and hit my eyeglasses taking a chip out of the glass. Lucky I was wearing prescription glasses, or I would probably have not worn glasses. That was in the 1990's. I learned my lesson.

Put up a couple of green rat poison blocks zip tied to the tree. They decimate the squirrels for a season or two. That is what we use in the fruit orchard.

I almost lost an eye to a nail. Hammered it and boom, it came back at me and hit my eyeglasses taking a chip out of the glass. Lucky I was wearing prescription glasses, or I would probably have not worn glasses. That was in the 1990's. I learned my lesson.
Nope; I have a dog.

No poison.

With all due respect flash, this is potentially a serious cause of secondary poisoning of birds of prey and even other prey mammals. The squirrel is sickened and slow, the prey animal catches him and eats him, thus the secondary poisoning. It often kills the prey animal/bird and sometimes even affects the egg production of same.

I know of an instance where some folks poisoned some roof/woods rats that had invaded their hunting cabin. Well, the rats ate the poison then crawled into the inner spaces of some of the walls to die. That cabin was totally unusable for the entire hunting season due to the bad stink.

Friend, I'm not putting your efforts down in the least, I understand that folks sometimes have to do what they have to do to protect their own, and would never find fault with them for that. I'm only suggesting maybe the possibility of trapping rather than the poison. After trapping, do as you want with them .... in fact my suggestion is to skin and pan fry. Nobody gets sick, there's no secondary issues, and you get rid of your problem varmints plus a good supper. Note: after frying, let them simmer in brown gravy then serve with white rice ..... uhmmm uhmmmm good!

Another possibility is to provide nesting areas and supports to encourage some birds of prey in order to establish your own personal squirrel eradication force. You'd be surprised how well that might work. Good luck. Just something to ponder.

HaHa, different strokes for diff ....... etc. One of my all time favorite meals and one of the first 'wild game' meals my new bride learned to cook for me about 54 years ago. Haven't had a chance to bring any home in several years now, but where we live now the trees are full of them.

Just recently bought a really nice break action .177 cal air/pellet rifle. Hummm wonder what that might could be used for in the near future? :sneaky:(y)

Back