testtest

Jimmy Buffett Dies at 76

I think he made more from the popularity of one song than anyone else, it is a helluva catchy tune for sure. And no I am not saying he only had one song, simply that song made his empire.

Rip music man

Not a Buffett fan, but him and I did share a bucket list item. Going to Pitcairn. Apparently he is descended from Bounty mutineers. I have always been fascinated with the story of the Bounty. More so I guess with Bligh's voyage with a small contingent of loyal sailors in the Bounty's launch. That is an amazing feat. In historical retrospection it's difficult to criticize Fletcher Christian and the other mutineers though. Bligh, by all accounts was a complete D head. He was once the governor of New South Wales and was deposed for being a giant D head.

Never was a big fan, had a buddy that was and on vacation we’d ritually stop in one of those JB chain bars for a s-load of margarita. Caught on with the music as it became synonymous with our annual guys-gone-wild vacation season.
We all have our parrot-head moments when we hear those songs. They just don’t make music like that anymore. R.I.P. Jimmy.

Back