testtest

Joe Biden Plans To Spend Your Money On A Fake Gun Violence Epidemic

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Another gun control strategy by this current administration.

Additional link….

Getting the CDC involved so that so called "gun violence" can be designated as a public health risk has been tried before. Fortunately, we had enough people in Congress with sense that a law was passed preventing the CDC from doing whatever they were doing (my memory is kinda short). I'm not sure that is the case anymore.

I think we can all agree that gun violence in this country is out of control. It’s not just the criminal element but the mindless belief that using a gun to solve an argument is acceptable, using the word “pandemic” is wrong on many levels but that won’t stop those that want to disarm law abiding citizens while those same individuals spend our tax dollars on private security using guns to protect them.
It’s not just about guns, everything the current administration is doing is being done to control every aspect of our lives.

Thanks for info Anni,

On the 1st article:
"For example, Biden’s budget plan first refers to gun violence as a “public health epidemic” in a paragraph that’s sandwiched between two legitimate epidemics: opioid addiction and AIDs." - How about some people realizing and mentioning the massive and excessive stress created by lame political agendas is actually more of a real public health epidemic and public nuisance?

On the 2nd article:
“gun violence public health crisis” - Apparently so is overly biased ignorance and lack of good education?

On the general point of both articles anti gun stance from DC, Biden's plan seems very much like Canada's current plan enacted in 2020. Thing is they have no 2nd Amendment that know of? Canada's list of banned weapons, ammo and gun related materials is staggering. - There's some grandfathering in for current banned firearms owners IF they keep licenses up to date, current and for specific purposes. There's much more info to Canada's current plan too. The effects? Likely too soon to say much else....

This link is only part of it in Canada:

Personally I strongly disagree with labeling the opioid problem as an epidemic. And I somewhat disagree with labeling aids an epidemic. The effects of both of these things can be avoided by simply not participating in that behavior. It's not like the guy next to you being HIV positive or high on fentanyl can infect you.

Personally I strongly disagree with labeling the opioid problem as an epidemic. And I somewhat disagree with labeling aids an epidemic. The effects of both of these things can be avoided by simply not participating in that behavior. It's not like the guy next to you being HIV positive or high on fentanyl can infect you.

Yah, is sometimes a tough call on naming things. On the opioid issues, it doesn't help that some drs prescribe them when aren't needed and other less hazardous meds are are available? Wish was all that easy with Aids transmissions too. From what have heard and read, it's spread to others through or from bodily fluids, including saliva excretions in talking, eating or whatever and also from blood donations. So, guessing some participation is almost unavoidable if good precautions aren't taken?

I think we can all agree that gun violence in this country is out of control. It’s not just the criminal element but the mindless belief that using a gun to solve an argument is acceptable, using the word “pandemic” is wrong on many levels but that won’t stop those that want to disarm law abiding citizens while those same individuals spend our tax dollars on private security using guns to protect them.
It’s not just about guns, everything the current administration is doing is being done to control every aspect of our lives.

I can see, understand and agree with much of the view Keystone,

"I think we can all agree that gun violence in this country is out of control. It’s not just the criminal element but the mindless belief that using a gun to solve an argument is acceptable, using the word “pandemic” is wrong on many levels but that won’t stop those that want to disarm law abiding citizens while those same individuals spend our tax dollars on private security using guns to protect them."

- Possibly? Am not thinking gun violence or other violence is as far out of control as many people are lead to believe. Out of the millions and millions of people in this country or planet, relatively few in comparison are involved in violence. The view I see is the media and politics in general just amplifies the few with issues into the many, gives poor examples and excuses to others around the globe for their own glorification and lopsided purposes. If there isn't enough of whatever good or bad in this country, they expand it to another that fits their goals and agenda to further their own views onto others. Seems like warped agendas and views to me.

It also appears the supposed pandemic has been politically motivated and made worse to being seen as larger than it is by some to make the outcome fit into a lopsided agenda. For example: Anyone who's sick from something else is also included into their false positives and negatives? Like much of their numbers are skewed to fit into their own schemes?

Yah, it does seem the hypocrites are usually and unfortunately on the front pages attracting news about guns or violence when it fits into their unbalanced needs? - Like if something isn't in their view or agreement, it's 100% wrong for others too. Sounds very narrow minded to me. But, it's "Newsworthy" - so they print it to gain attention, clicks, income, power or whatever? The imbalance may get pretty lame after awhile?

"It’s not just about guns, everything the current administration is doing is being done to control every aspect of our lives."

- Agreed, most in the current administration appear to have other self serving motives behind their actions and little clue or idea in how to effectively deal with or solve the issues at hand in a positive manner for everyone involved. Simply put, good leadership material, skills and outcome is very doubtful from results seen so far?

Yah, is sometimes a tough call on naming things. On the opioid issues, it doesn't help that some drs prescribe them when aren't needed and other less hazardous meds are are available? Wish was all that easy with Aids transmissions too. From what have heard and read, it's spread to others through or from bodily fluids, including saliva excretions in talking, eating or whatever and also from blood donations. So, guessing some participation is almost unavoidable if good precautions aren't taken?

No cases of saliva transmitting aids as far as I know. Or Hep C for that matter. Blood and semen.

No cases of saliva transmitting aids as far as I know. Or Hep C for that matter. Blood and semen.

Is usual scenario. But? Saliva can transmit aids, it's rare and unlikely, but still possible.
Why? Article below states some reasons.

Is usual scenario. But? Saliva can transmit aids, it's rare and unlikely, but still possible.
Why? Article below states some reasons.

According to the CDC both people would have to have open, bleeding sores in their mouths. Aids is NOT transferred through saliva.

Deep, Open-Mouth Kissing​

• Although very rare, transmission can occur if both partners have sores or bleeding gums and blood from the partner with HIV gets into the bloodstream of the HIV-negative partner.
  • HIV is not transmitted through closed-mouth or “social” kissing with someone who has HIV.
  • HIV is not transmitted through saliva.

talk about a downward spiral........... gun control to aids hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Sure, if you overlook the correlation. The difference between the CDC studying and prescribing mandatory behavioral modifications to control malaria, Whooping Cough and other DISEASES ( hence the moniker Center for Disease Control) and the CDC studying and prescribing mandatory behavioral modifications to control gun deaths is one hell of an abuse of power, no ?

the bottom line is, joey is trying to use a different agency to infringe upon the rights of the people, it has nothing to do with "how aids is transmitted" .
The legal argument which preceded the legislation Uncle Joe is now trying to circumvent and which is the same legal argument that will prevent him from doing it now directly relates to the technical definition of what constitutes a disease. The current conversation in this thread is about our opinions of what criteria should be used to define “ Disease”.

Just because you personally aren’t interested in exploring those opinions doesn’t mean it isn’t relevant to the conversation and of interest to other people on this thread. Scroll by it if you don’t want to discuss it.

Are we going to ban cars and trucks?

Isn’t drunk driving, which kills more than 10K and injures tens of thousands more every year, a “public health crisis” too using that yardstick?

For that matter, why not ban alcohol again? After all, you can’t drive drunk if you can’t get drunk, right?

Where does the silliness end?

Are we going to ban cars and trucks?

Isn’t drunk driving, which kills more than 10K and injures tens of thousands more every year, a “public health crisis” too using that yardstick?

For that matter, why not ban alcohol again? After all, you can’t drive drunk if you can’t get drunk, right?

Where does the silliness end?

"Where does the silliness end?" - May be hard saying for now?

Part of the reasons why Prohibition came to an end was some of the reasoning why firearms control initially started may come to mind? - The supposed "cure" was worse than the cause? Just like it may be now or in possible future with alcohol, drugs, firearms or anything else that is/was controlled by ignorance? Good or better education in whatever situation may also hold the keys to the issues?

"Where does the silliness end?" - May be hard saying for now?

Part of the reasons why Prohibition came to an end was some of the reasoning why firearms control initially started may come to mind? - The supposed "cure" was worse than the cause? Just like it may be now or in possible future with alcohol, drugs, firearms or anything else that is/was controlled by ignorance? Good or better education in whatever situation may also hold the keys to the issues?

And if the goal of the “well meaning” left is to save us all from ourselves, then certainly there is low hanging fruit like alcohol or driving that aren’t guaranteed by the Constitution.

The fact that it’s not about safety or saving lives is the key. It’s about politics.

Back