testtest

John Wick - Chapter 4

Went and watched it in the afternoon yesterday. Had my own private viewing I was the only patron. Sat and watched it with a large messy smashburger, fries, lots of napkins, and glass of wine, in fact several glasses of wine. Very enjoyable brunch and movie.

Won't give anything away but will say it was a good action movie as long as you can kind of suspend your belief system just a bit. Lots of guns lots of fighting lots of action, as expected and he seems almost superhuman. There were a number of fairly good and intricate plot lines woven together which were actually better than most shoot em ups.

A few plot lines were very predictable, I predicted the hunter plot line from first sight. Others a bit less so, the end of credits scene, if you sit thru them to it, completely surprised me.

Its was a fitting end to the series I think... or is it the end.... time will tell.

I would say it's not as good as one, better than two and three.

Went and watched it in the afternoon yesterday. Had my own private viewing I was the only patron. Sat and watched it with a large messy smashburger, fries, lots of napkins, and glass of wine, in fact several glasses of wine. Very enjoyable brunch and movie.

Won't give anything away but will say it was a good action movie as long as you can kind of suspend your belief system just a bit. Lots of guns lots of fighting lots of action, as expected and he seems almost superhuman. There were a number of fairly good and intricate plot lines woven together which were actually better than most shoot em ups.

A few plot lines were very predictable, I predicted the hunter plot line from first sight. Others a bit less so, the end of credits scene, if you sit thru them to it, completely surprised me.

Its was a fitting end to the series I think... or is it the end.... time will tell.

I would say it's not as good as one, better than two and three.
Good movie I also enjoyed it kinda looking forward to the last equalizer movie this fall also

Just got back from seeing it. Long movie.

Some take-home points...

Cobblestones & cars must hurt

There's no substitute for extra ammo.

Stairs are tough to go up.

Overhead footage is cool.

Lever-actions still have a place.

Always make the last shot.

The bottom-line is you can't beat a JW movie for real action vs. computer-generated stuff.

My .02

the Mrs and I, just do not go to movies anymore.

we pay enough for cable.

even our kids pay for cable, meaning the grand kids hardly if ever, get to to to the theaters.

at the prices those places charge, it just isn't worth it.

we have waited, with no problems for the movies to be on the tv, and nowadays, that's on average of 6 months, then the movie is on 24/7

1) The stairs scene was 2X longer than it should have been.

2) If you qualify a Senior Discount can noticeably reduce ticket prices, and some movies are best when seen on a big screen. I can see a big screen movie for $8.00.

3) 99.99% of movies have few redeeming qualities other what they are, entertainment.

4) The JW movies have set a new standard when it comes to action movies due to their use of live action vs. CGI effects.

My .02

the Mrs and I, just do not go to movies anymore.

we pay enough for cable.

even our kids pay for cable, meaning the grand kids hardly if ever, get to to to the theaters.

at the prices those places charge, it just isn't worth it.

we have waited, with no problems for the movies to be on the tv, and nowadays, that's on average of 6 months, then the movie is on 24/7
I bought a digital copy for $20.

2) If you qualify a Senior Discount can noticeably reduce ticket prices, and some movies are best when seen on a big screen. I can see a big screen movie for $8.00.

3) 99.99% of movies have few redeeming qualities other what they are, entertainment.

4) The JW movies have set a new standard when it comes to action movies due to their use of live action vs. CGI effects.

My .02
It's what I call kick back with food and beverage, Shut off your rational brain and just enjoy the story movie, rather like a good monster movie.

My .02
i'll check on the senior discount, thanks

I bought JW 4 last night started watching it about the halfway point, my 8 yr old German Shepherd got the "blank" scared out of here with the all of a sudden severe thunder and lightning so being a good Dado had to sit with her and before you know it was 3 am and had to get up at 5 for work so perhaps later I'll watch the ending. Love all the John Wick movies so far...

Back