testtest

Just bought an XDM Elite and 2 mags dont fit

One shouldn't rely on a temporary flared mag well in order learn to properly load magazines into any pistol, especially if the flared mag well would interfere with loading a magazine that works in the pistol.

This is not my first pistol, I have been shooting for a long time. Strictly a matter of preference, as well as wanting all 6 functioning magazines. I’ve never had a single malfunction with my original and now 20 year old XD .40.

I appreciate the thoughts. I have tried to use my thumb to seat it to no avail. I do believe the extended baseplate will make these work. Going to call on Monday and see what Springfield says.
When you call you can tell them you have one more person who has experienced the same problem. I got my gear up mags in fall of last year.

Since my last post I went through all of my mags, taking off the 16 round base plate and putting on the 15 round base plate on each one and none of the mags with the 15 round base plate would stay inserted with the magwell installed!

It's apparent that the magwell was not designed to accept mags with the 15 round base plate. It would be nice if Springfield had been courteous enough to alert us to that fact.

Redwings423, thanks for your update and let us know how the new mags work out.

Another note, although they are all marked 15rds, they all hold 16 quite easily.
So them both of these 15/16 rds mags hold 16 rds?
1680840064113.png

Couldnt speak to the compact. But all the mags I received with mine are marked 15rd, have viewing holes on the back numbered to 15, but I was able to put 16 in each without an issue. I have wondered about this since I have seen them advertised as 16 and 15 rd capacities, and it doesn't make sense to have two mags that similar with a 1 round difference between them to me. Why would Springfield make 15 and 16 round mags anyway?

I wondered about why all my mags said 15 round and yet Springfield said the XDM Elite's were shipped with 16 round mags, so I called them. They told me that the mags themselves are indeed 15 round but the XDM Elite's were shipped with the 16 round extension baseplate thus making them 16 round mags. They included two 15 round baseplates if we wanted to use them instead. What they neglected to say was that the 15 round mags won't work with the mag well.

Redwings, I've tried to fit 16 rounds in my mags with the 15 round baseplate without success. Are you sure you're not talking about the mags with the 16 round extension?

I wondered about why all my mags said 15 round and yet Springfield said the XDM Elite's were shipped with 16 round mags, so I called them. They told me that the mags themselves are indeed 15 round but the XDM Elite's were shipped with the 16 round extension baseplate thus making them 16 round mags. They included two 15 round baseplates if we wanted to use them instead. What they neglected to say was that the 15 round mags won't work with the mag well.

Redwings, I've tried to fit 16 rounds in my mags with the 15 round baseplate without success. Are you sure you're not talking about the mags with the 16 round extension?
You are correct, when using the standard 15rd baseplates for use without the magwell, it will only hold 15. With the extension baseplate they hold 16. So it appears if you choose to take the magwell off you lose a round capacity, or use a mag with an extended baseplate without the magwell attached for the extra 1 round.

I went through the same thing. I purchased 15 round magazines for my 10mm XD-M Elite from my local gun shop and they don’t work with the flared magwell. I purchased 16 round magazines from Springfield and they work perfectly. They are only interchangeable with the flared magwell removed. They have different part numbers on the Springfield site for the 15 and 16 round magazines. Even the gun shop guys were confused.

I went through the same thing. I purchased 15 round magazines for my 10mm XD-M Elite from my local gun shop and they don’t work with the flared magwell. I purchased 16 round magazines from Springfield and they work perfectly. They are only interchangeable with the flared magwell removed. They have different part numbers on the Springfield site for the 15 and 16 round magazines. Even the gun shop guys were confused.
Change baseplates on the 15rd mags

Hi,

I just bought an XDM elite in 10mm, with the gear up package, receiving 4 extra mags with purchase. However 2 of the 6 mags have a different smaller base/plate on them, and when inserted in the firearm, promptly fall out. What am I missing here?

Thanks!

I have an XDM Elite compact chambered in .45 acp. All of my standard magazines (not the extended ones) came with two base plates: one flush fitting, the other extends slightly and allows one more round. With the mag well installed on the grip, the +1 base plate has to be used. Without the well, either can be used.

Did your magazines *not* come with both base plates?

Back