testtest

Just bought an XDM Elite and 2 mags dont fit

Hi,

I just bought an XDM elite in 10mm, with the gear up package, receiving 4 extra mags with purchase. However 2 of the 6 mags have a different smaller base/plate on them, and when inserted in the firearm, promptly fall out. What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Hi,

I just bought an XDM elite in 10mm, with the gear up package, receiving 4 extra mags with purchase. However 2 of the 6 mags have a different smaller base/plate on them, and when inserted in the firearm, promptly fall out. What am I missing here?

Thanks!
They’re standard-baseplate mags, and won’t work with the extended magwell on the Elite.

I believe you can replace the baseplates and they will work.

Which XDm Elite 10mm did you get 4.5" or 3.8"?

Do you have pix of the mag plates?
Here are some pics, one of left is the kind not working. Both marked 10mm.

Attachments

• DDFF66F0-F835-4BB9-B4EA-9EBBF6849F75.jpeg
    DDFF66F0-F835-4BB9-B4EA-9EBBF6849F75.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 254
  • F51F20AE-0046-42C7-B4FE-F22E1DC1CF0E.jpeg
    F51F20AE-0046-42C7-B4FE-F22E1DC1CF0E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 234
  • 9B2B002A-3C3A-494D-B141-DE73495A8FF4.jpeg
    9B2B002A-3C3A-494D-B141-DE73495A8FF4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 232
Here are some pics, one of left is the kind not working. Both marked 10mm.
The one on the right matches my XDm Elite mags.
While the metal part of the mag looks the same, the base plate is totally different

As to my knowledge SA only made one other 10mm and that was a single ramp 8 shot Ronin.

I am thinking those are after market mags and the base plate is wrong?
Maybe you can order just the correct base plates?

I'm betting both fit your pistol. The mag on the right has an extended baseplate it also should hold one more round than the mag on the left. If you want to keep the mag well then you're going to need to use your thumb to seat the mag.
My 3.8" compact came with two short mags just like that. The +1 extended mag I could seat with my palm like normal the short base plate I needed to give it some ummph with my thumb.
BTW I ditched the mag well.

What Pitdogg2 says is spot on! The mags with my gear up package all came with the extended base plate already on them, along with a couple a couple of the 15 round base plates in case I wanted to switch them.

The 16 round mags required some effort to insert them even with the extra surface area to push on. So, I can see where the mags with the 15 round base plate might take a more concentrated especially if you're just using the palm of you hand as it tends to hit the bottom edges of the grip and doesn't force the mag up far enough to seat.

Use your thumb!

Humble pie time.

Since I had yet to try a mag with the 15 round base plate I thought it would probably be a wise thing to try one so I could verify my assumptions. So, for grins and giggles I but the a 15 round base on one of my mags and inserted it in my XDM Elite and at first glance it looked like it inserted as it should, but the mag release felt loose so I hooked a fingernail under the mag base and the mag came right out. Used a little more force this time in re-inserting it. Again it looked like it inserted fine, fingernail under the mag base and it popped right out again.. It is, now, apparent that what others have posted, the mag well appears to interfere with the mags inserting to lock up with the 15 round base plate installed.

So redwings423, it looks like you have a legitimate complaint and one, I would think, Springfield would be aware of.

I'm betting both fit your pistol. The mag on the right has an extended baseplate it also should hold one more round than the mag on the left. If you want to keep the mag well then you're going to need to use your thumb to seat the mag.
My 3.8" compact came with two short mags just like that. The +1 extended mag I could seat with my palm like normal the short base plate I needed to give it some ummph with my thumb.
BTW I ditched the mag well.
I appreciate the thoughts. I have tried to use my thumb to seat it to no avail. I do believe the extended baseplate will make these work. Going to call on Monday and see what Springfield says.

Back