testtest

Just bought Hellcat

Dean407

Alpha
So, I've had a bunch of in stock notifications setup for the Sig 365 and Hellcat across many sites for quite some time.

Well, a couple days ago Buds sent me an in stock notification for the Hellcat for $554. While I've seen it for less, I've also seen it for more and I bought it plus 5 13rd mags.

I have a S&W M&P 9C (gen 1) and LCP II. While the M&P is okay, I really wanted the Hellcat for the size/capacity like most people. Would feel better having 9mm on me all the time.

My thought was that I can sell both the M&P and LCP as the Hellcat is sized between them and should be a bit more convenient to carry compared to the M&P. I got one of those clinger pocket holsters for it. I don't intend to carry in pocket all the time but would be nice if I can in a pinch. I use a ComfortTac belly band which works well for the M&P so should work great for the Hellcat.

Of course, 4hrs after I bought from Buds I got a notification from MidwayUSA that the 365 was in stock for $499. Oh, well. Both seem decent based on the numerous reviews I've watched/read. I'll report back my findings after my 1st range session sometime next week.

It would be nice if Springfield came out with higher capacity mags for the Hellcat...19/20 or so. Any word on this happening?

I had the P365 than I wanted a red dot and it all went to **** after that. Nothing was right about getting a red dot on it. All after market BS. Than I saw the Hellcat OSP and bought it and sold the P365. Could not be happier. Really like it and I needed the red dot because of my vision. I also bought A 911 .380 from Springfield it's my EDC . But I can't really focus on the sites so I cheat with shooting it but if you have a thought of a red dot than don't waste your time get it on purchase

So, I've had a bunch of in stock notifications setup for the Sig 365 and Hellcat across many sites for quite some time.

Well, a couple days ago Buds sent me an in stock notification for the Hellcat for $554. While I've seen it for less, I've also seen it for more and I bought it plus 5 13rd mags.

I have a S&W M&P 9C (gen 1) and LCP II. While the M&P is okay, I really wanted the Hellcat for the size/capacity like most people. Would feel better having 9mm on me all the time.

My thought was that I can sell both the M&P and LCP as the Hellcat is sized between them and should be a bit more convenient to carry compared to the M&P. I got one of those clinger pocket holsters for it. I don't intend to carry in pocket all the time but would be nice if I can in a pinch. I use a ComfortTac belly band which works well for the M&P so should work great for the Hellcat.

Of course, 4hrs after I bought from Buds I got a notification from MidwayUSA that the 365 was in stock for $499. Oh, well. Both seem decent based on the numerous reviews I've watched/read. I'll report back my findings after my 1st range session sometime next week.

It would be nice if Springfield came out with higher capacity mags for the Hellcat...19/20 or so. Any word on this happening?
Congrats on your new purchase they are cool little guns...😁👍

I own/have owned a Shield PC, S&W compact, XDe 3.3 & 3.8, 365 & 365XL, PPS M2, and the HELLCAT in the compact sub compact size all in 9mm looking for the perfect carry gun. After a couple hundred more rounds this weekend I feel very good about the HELLCAT finally being the winner. Very reliable , accurate, and not noticeable. The HELLCAT will replace the PPS M2 with capacity weighing heavy in the decision. The M2 is a fine single stack gun. I still have the Shield and the M2. The wife took the 365XL and added a laser but uses a Shield PC 4" or my full size SA 9mm 1911 at the range. Like you my HELLCAT is not an OSP and through my trials I can say you have made a solid choice and you won't have to get rid of a 365 to then get the HELLCAT ;)

Congrats @Dean407 on your Hellcat. It is a fine pistol. I do not see 19/20 round mags being produced for this pistol as it wasn’t designed as that high of capacity in that small of frame. They did really good getting 13+1 in that frame, I’m saying really good on the design. The S&W 2.0 compact is what you would want to look at for compactness plus capacity.

Adding my congrats @Dean407. I have the non OSP Hellcat and love the U Dot sights that I can pick-up quickly for follow-up shots. I took the Hellcat, Sig P365, Glock G43, CZ 2075 Rami BD, and Walther CCP M2 9MM to the range a few months ago, and the Hellcat was the most accurate for follow-up shots since I could reacquire the sights quicker than the others. I recently bought the Sig P365XL and plan to install the Romeo Zero on it, since I also really like the P365 I shot at the range that day. Good luck with your Hellcat, I'm sure you'll like it.

Adding my congrats @Dean407. I have the non OSP Hellcat and love the U Dot sights that I can pick-up quickly for follow-up shots. I took the Hellcat, Sig P365, Glock G43, CZ 2075 Rami BD, and Walther CCP M2 9MM to the range a few months ago, and the Hellcat was the most accurate for follow-up shots since I could reacquire the sights quicker than the others. I recently bought the Sig P365XL and plan to install the Romeo Zero on it, since I also really like the P365 I shot at the range that day. Good luck with your Hellcat, I'm sure you'll like it.

Thanks man. Makes me feel good about the purchase!

I have a Romeo zero to sell if anyone wants it. Let me know
Not me now :), since after waiting since February 2020 to get the 6 moa Romeo Zero from Optics Planet, I just received it 2 weeks ago. Now if you had this offer back in Feb., and it was 6 moa (bad eye sight), you might of had a customer ;). Good luck with the sale though.

Lol mine is 3 MOA. I have the 3 moa in the Swampfox sentinel and I thought at first a 6 or 8 would be better and I found I like the 3 a lot better. For others deciding this . See if you can try it first. The Sentinel can be very bright which can make it look bigger too.

PayPal is great. How do I send you a address. Gotta figure that out
Set up a private conversation between you and Dr Jim on this forum (its the envelope icon at top of forum), where each of you provide your email address & take it from there. At least that’s how I’d do it. ;)

Back