testtest

Just joined. Any advice re. Hellcat aiwc holster for edc/seated car carry?

Appendix carry while setting in a vehicle is impractical. Almost impossible for a clean draw from that position especially with the lap portion of the seat belt crossing your piece. Are you right handed? Picture setting in your rig, drawing with the right hand, now what? Your wrist dont bend that way does it? So for me, spending 14+ hours a day on the road I used a shoulder holster. Had it set up for left and right carry. When I am behind the wheel I carry on the right side for a left hand draw. I practice the left hand draw and firing one handed. When you are in a vehicle all that proper grip, sight picture etc. go out the window. Try it, set in your rig and simply try different things. Reality will set in quickly. Drove a cab for a few years. Strange job without a doubt but I learned what works and what dont. I am talking about gun play INSIDE the vehicle where you might have to defend yourself from the inside. If the threat is inside and you have a gun in your right hand you mights well just shoot yourself lol. Whatever you decide on practice, practice, practice.

If I'm wearing my shoulder holster, I have no problem driving. But a lot of the time I use an OWB holster, or a fanny pack holster, and it's useless while driving. I bought this from Alien Gear to attach to my drivers seat. The shell is detachable, if you want to use it to carry on your person. But I prefer my Galco shoulder holster, and a different brand of OWB holster for my carry purposes. I just leave the holster shell in place, and transfer my pistol from holster to holster while seated in my truck. If I feel the empty holster might lead to prying eyes or a break in attempt, I detach the shell and hide it, so just a couple of straps across the seat show. I never leave my pistol in it unattended.
car-seat-holster-in-between-legs.jpg

I use an MTR Custom Leather Adversary A-3 for AIWB. No problems with access or comfort while driving. Here's a link:

Personally I prefer 3’oclock while driving but it’s a personal decision. If you stick with apendix consider one that has an extra mag carrier that is attached to the mid-line side by paracord or some other looser fit system. The soft hinge provides a close fit to the abdomen and superior concealment even when riding higher on the belt line. Especially true if it has 3 clips, 2 on the gun side and one on the mag side.
D05F6E80-4855-405B-A120-E1DE63A30916.jpeg

I have the Black Arch Entrada. I tried it with mag carrier attached for months and overall I was not pleased with the comfort or concealment.
I then separated them and put a second belt clip on the holster. Much better now. No problems in the car or sitting in general. I can easily draw with the seat belt on, far faster than 4 o'clock carry.
Last note is to get a foam wedge for the holster. It will tuck the gun in better for concealment and ads a lot of comfort. I got mine from KSG armory.

There are also a wide variety of coats, jackets, vests and other clothing with pocket holsters built in.
*Remember once
and if you mod gun with optics, lights or whatever, good holster needs to accommodate those choices too. - Good luck on your search and choice.

Another option may be to build or make your own holster? May sound lame at 1st? But, there are holster kits available.
One is by Realeather, "Point Blank Holster kit.". Available at Hobby Lobby for under $20. and other places. Kit comes with precut leather pieces, thread & needle, other pieces that may or may not be needed like a thumbstrap. Also a pattern & instructions for OWB. Have the kit, it will fit OSP Hellcat with Viridian laser if you design it that way.

Back