testtest

Just Keeps Getting Worse

Just days after The DOJ comes down hard on the
Louisville Metro Police Department on systemic failures in policing following years of alleged misconduct we now have training officers shooting recruits in training.
I am not making fun of this situation nor am I making fun of or light of what’s gone in policing policy or actions from the last 3 years.

Every officer I’ve met during my time in Kentucky has been professional and polite.

There are no significant details in the bottom article to really generate any informed feedback. Basically, trainee shot in the vest; not seriously hurt; "seems" to be an accident; shooter on administrative leave; under investigation.

I'm sure the senior staff finds the incident timing unfortunate.

A training officer who didn't keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction and didn't keep his finger off of the trigger . :unsure:

I could be wrong but it seems to me that this officer shouldn't be a training officer .

You assume his finger was on the trigger. Maybe he dropped it and it went off, which could lead to yet more questions. See, there is just not enough info yet. Maybe he shouldn't be a training officer, but I'm not ready to pronounce judgement based on, really, no information.

By the way, that's how the drive by media comes to their conclusions, they take a tidbit of information and deduce or make up the rest to fit a narrative.

You assume his finger was on the trigger. Maybe he dropped it and it went off, which could lead to yet more questions. See, there is just not enough info yet. Maybe he shouldn't be a training officer, but I'm not ready to pronounce judgement based on, really, no information.

By the way, that's how the drive by media comes to their conclusions, they take a tidbit of information and deduce or make up the rest to fit a narrative.
The media didn't jump on Alec Baldwin, but I'm sure the media will bury this training officer without knowing any facts!

There are no significant details in the bottom article to really generate any informed feedback. Basically, trainee shot in the vest; not seriously hurt; "seems" to be an accident; shooter on administrative leave; under investigation.

I'm sure the senior staff finds the incident timing unfortunate.
The article clearly states discharged his weapon and fired his weapon. There is nothing whatsoever to suggest that the gun was dropped and discharged itself. Wishing your own narrative into reality because it suits your sensibilities is exactly what the media does. I’m fairly sure If the officer had dropped the gun and it had discharged uncommanded the news station would have had a field day.

The article clearly states discharged his weapon and fired his weapon. There is nothing whatsoever to suggest that the gun was dropped and discharged itself. Wishing your own narrative into reality because it suits your sensibilities is exactly what the media does. I’m fairly sure If the officer had dropped the gun and it had discharged uncommanded the news station would have had a field day.
I'm sorry that I was not clear on the point of my comment above, but my comment that maybe he dropped the weapon was speculation on my part. You are correct, there is no indication he dropped it, and also no indication he didn't. Point is, there is no indication in the article what happened other than "LMPD said that a firearm instructor at LMPD's training center discharged his weapon," and "LMPD said that the incident seems to have been an accident."

It seems that LMPD provided the bare minimal amount of information to the media until after a full investigation, which is appropriate. I am not willing to criticize the instructor involved based on what little the media said.

Back