testtest

Just Thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classified

Professional
Founding Member
Looking at the fees and hoops that we have to jump through reminds me of 'taxation without representation.'
Case in point:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/illinois-state-police-director-wants-foid-fee-increase-while-legislature-siphons-off-millions-in-gun-owners-money/?utm_source=wideopen&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wos_daily&utm_content=[[rssitem_title]]/URL

I dont understand how we have gotten so far from "common" sense and held the government responsible for their failures. Rather we choose to place the blame on those doing what is right.

Some politicians in Illinois pass all the raises to their cronies and have no idea how to fund it, so the only thing they can do is either raise taxes or put a bogus user fee.
The latest is to pass a law that us average folks can no long pump our own gas.
I guess that means the station will have to hire a bunch since these newer stations have 20 plus pumps, who's going to pay for that.

Some politicians in Illinois pass all the raises to their cronies and have no idea how to fund it, so the only thing they can do is either raise taxes or put a bogus user fee.
I guess that means the station will have to hire a bunch since these newer stations have 20 plus pumps, who's going to pay for that.
Saw that on the news, what’s next, can’t breath unless you have an air permit..........

My mom lives in So. Illinois and the area around Mt Vernon has had some form of road construction for the last 20 years. i always comment to mom & wife it has to be kickback related. Illinois politico's are a unique breed.

If you live in her district you might like to think about Catalina for Congress.
She's the Anti AOC
Catalina Lauf.jpg

Catalina Lauf

Looking at the fees and hoops that we have to jump through reminds me of 'taxation without representation.'
Case in point:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/illinois-state-police-director-wants-foid-fee-increase-while-legislature-siphons-off-millions-in-gun-owners-money/?utm_source=wideopen&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wos_daily&utm_content=[[rssitem_title]]/URL

I dont understand how we have gotten so far from "common" sense and held the government responsible for their failures. Rather we choose to place the blame on those doing what is right.

The really bad thing about the above article and them wanting to increase the fee plus prints ...... there is a certain amount ( large ) of money from the FOID and FCCL ( carry ) fees that go to ISP to handle the utilization of these processes.

However the funds have been swept for other uses to the tune of around $30 million in the last 5 years alone. Now they are complaining that they can't properly do the job of following up on the revoking of the FOID cards due to lack of funding.

They had the money to do all that was needed but allowed the funds to go unused and then be swept.

You can't make some of this stuff up! Also it took longer for my renewal FCCL ( carry ) license to get approved and mailed to me then it did for my original application. They have 90 days with prints and 120 without prints . My original took 104 days to get in the mail. My renewal only took 136 days to be in the mailbox. At least they let us carry on the expired license as long as our renewal application was made before the original expired.

My mom lives in So. Illinois and the area around Mt Vernon has had some form of road construction for the last 20 years. i always comment to mom & wife it has to be kickback related. Illinois politico's are a unique breed.
Not only has there been ongoing construction in this area but it has also created many major accidents. I live in Mt Vernon and grew up just South of town , in the country , about 4 miles as the crow flys.

The really bad thing about the above article and them wanting to increase the fee plus prints ...... there is a certain amount ( large ) of money from the FOID and FCCL ( carry ) fees that go to ISP to handle the utilization of these processes.

However the funds have been swept for other uses to the tune of around $30 million in the last 5 years alone. Now they are complaining that they can't properly do the job of following up on the revoking of the FOID cards due to lack of funding.

They had the money to do all that was needed but allowed the funds to go unused and then be swept.

You can't make some of this stuff up! Also it took longer for my renewal FCCL ( carry ) license to get approved and mailed to me then it did for my original application. They have 90 days with prints and 120 without prints . My original took 104 days to get in the mail. My renewal only took 136 days to be in the mailbox. At least they let us carry on the expired license as long as our renewal application was made before the original expired.
I just renewed my Utah carry permit and hope it won't take that long. No fingerprints for renewal, but it looks like you have to complete a 20 minute "Gun Safety" video. I did the video and renewal application online and provided CC number. It's been charged, so I hope it's coming soon. Utah seems pretty gun friendly, but I think the Gun Safety video was newly added due to pressure from somewhere. I better start the paper work on suppressors I want before my state goes the way of Virginia.

Every time I go through IL I feel I'm going behind the old Iron Curtain. I try to get through IL as quickly as possible.

Not only has there been ongoing construction in this area but it has also created many major accidents. I live in Mt Vernon and grew up just South of town , in the country , about 4 miles as the crow flys.
Yes it is an ongoing nightmare...They completed Rend Lake in less time than the 57 debacle. Were you South along 37 or along 57

Yes it is an ongoing nightmare...They completed Rend Lake in less time than the 57 debacle. Were you South along 37 or along 57

I grew up between 37 and 148 which leads to waltonville. I was almost exactly in the middle of them. are you from the Mt Vernon area origionally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back