testtest

Just who is dumb enough to buy this?

Biden will make an "investment" in the technology. Think Solyndra.
Seriously, this could subject family members to unspeakable acts. Dad isn't home, but Mom and the kids can't get the damn thing to work and the cops are minutes (hours or not at all) away. Remember the news piece where the daughter shoots an intruder with a shotgun? This is a terrible idea. I guess that's why some people will push this.

Various companies have been screwing around with this concept since the 60's. Officers being shot with their own gun was a major concern when I entered policing more than 50 years ago, before Level III holsters. NIJ spent many millions researching the smart gun concept periodically over the years. In 1973 I was told a gun had been developed that would function only if the officer wore a special ring. It has never taken hold because cops simply don't trust its reliability.

“There are no federal product safety regulations for any firearms, including Biofire’s gun, due to a carveout in the 1972 consumer protection law, and there are no industry standards for testing biometric weapons. Biofire’s smart gun meets safety requirements for consumer electronics, as well as handgun safety standards that some states have established, the company said.”

Which means that it will take a month of Sundays to make it onto the California Handgun Roster. The drop test alone will take months to complete along with the number of required modifications.

Various companies have been screwing around with this concept since the 60's. Officers being shot with their own gun was a major concern when I entered policing more than 50 years ago, before Level III holsters. NIJ spent many millions researching the smart gun concept periodically over the years. In 1973 I was told a gun had been developed that would function only if the officer wore a special ring. It has never taken hold because cops simply don't trust its reliability.
Neither will civilians.

Bottom line: can the biometric space gun shoot worth a crap? If it can put 5 rounds on top of each other at 10 yds maybe it has a chance. If it can’t, game over.

This is a lifestyle choice, like a Tesla. People don’t buy Teslaa because they’re bad ass cars that do a neat acceleration trick, they buy them because they are a statement.

Bottom line: can the biometric space gun shoot worth a crap? If it can put 5 rounds on top of each other at 10 yds maybe it has a chance. If it can’t, game over.

This is a lifestyle choice, like a Tesla. People don’t buy Teslaa because they’re bad ass cars that do a neat acceleration trick, they buy them because they are a statement.

Yep, this gun makes a statement alright. "I'm a dumbass".

The biggest question, will it go "Bang" when needed?
Even if it does, can't let your friend try it. Wife or kid can't use it in an emergency. And it costs as much as a Prodigy and looks like shite. Did you see the picture of the punk azz kid who designed it ? Does anyone really think this kid is a cutting edge firearm designer. His whole reason for getting involved in this was the Aurora shooting. It's like David Hogg designing tamper proof AR-15s.

1711152966815.jpeg

Judge Dredd’s Lawgiver………

Back