testtest

KelTec PMR30 - improvement upgrades that WORK!

PeteinAlaska

Operator
I now have several KelTec PMR30’s chambered in .22 Mag. For those who may not be aware this is an ultra lite weight, 30 round capacity automatic pistol.
It can be hit a miss on how good of an out of the box unit one might get from KalTec as it seems that there QC leaves something to be desired.
That said, there are aftermarket upgrades which turn this ugly duckling into the platform that it was designed to be!
MCarbo has identified the issues seemingly inherent in the PMR30 an produce the precision corrective parts that increase performance and reliability of this firearm.
I’m sure that there are those on this forum who have KelTec products that have not preformed as desired. Redemption and renewed reliability is at hand!
Anybody got a PMR30 or KelTec story or issue to share? This is a fine platform once its QC issues are corrected.

I have the Kel-Tec PLR-16 .223 pistol and the Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Gen 1 in 9mm and 40. All have shot well, have been problem free to date, and are fun to shoot at the range.
Image of PLR-16 below:
th-2105734686.jpg

I have a KSG25. 3rd gen. No issues that plagued the early ones. No need for "Fluff and Buff" or any of that. It does have one design flaw. The magazine selector should have been designed for a shoulder screw that can be tightened without inhibiting the selector. After about 1000 rounds I started getting failures to feed. I narrowed it down to the selector switch. So I degreased the screw and threads, put a little blue Loc-Tite on it, tightened it, then backed it off until the action worked. Then let it set up for 24 hours or so. No problems since.

Back