testtest

Kevlar fabric for your clothes

Jimbo

Elite
This looks interesting: Kevlar fabric for your clothes:

It's not that expensive, and it looks like it could be easily sewn in as an inner liner to your pants, jacket, etc. You could even put it in the door panels of your car.

Something like this would not give you perfect protection, but it would likely protect you from death or a crippling injury if you got shot or stabbed. Best of all, it looks lightweight enough so that you would actually wear it every day. Kind of like my small pocket-carry Ruger - I might not be able to draw as fast as someone who carries IWB, but it's so lightweight and out-of-the-way that I hardly notice that I have it, and I therefore carry it every day.

Blunt trauma is just as lethal as penetrating—sometimes more (can’t bandage or pack internal bleeding).

True words.
Ask yourself just how well you'll fair in an impact of 5,6 or 700 foot pounds per square inch or more.
I had a friend who died as a result of a spleen injury from blunt trauma. Crashed his bike at the skatepark went home to sleep it off never woke up from his nap.

Not sure if you want it against the skin. When I worked at a factory while going to college I had to wear a Kevlar shirt and pants and it seemed extremely hot.
Fully agree. I've never worn Kevlar fabric for ballistic protection, but I wear a lot of Kevlar-lined stuff for abrasion resistance when motorcycling. It definitely isn't breathable and can get unpleasantly hot at anything above room temperature when you're not moving. It is nice in cold weather and does a good job keeping the wind at bay.

You could even put it in the door panels of your car.
That's an interesting thought.
I had a friend who died as a result of a spleen injury from blunt trauma. Crashed his bike at the skatepark went home to sleep it off never woke up from his nap.
One of my HS friends got hit by a car. Luckily the paramedics insisted to take her to ER, where they found and removed the ruptured spleen and sutured her up. She lives to this day.

John Wick lines his suit coats with it. ;)
Have to try to do this with my clothes, LOL. But tbh, thanks for sharing your thoughts about it, guys. I was seriously considering purchasing it for bulletproof purposes. But after reading what you said, I think I'll change my mind. Better spend money on some clothes from
However, can you recommend a company that sells bulletproof clothing? Because I'm still a noob in this sector, I'd probably ask someone who knows a lot about it. I would appreciate that very much. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
It might work against a stab, but a bullet would just push the shirt into your body as well.

It depends on the particulars of the fabric and construct. While virtually all "soft-armor" ballistic vests will offer slash and at least some degree of stab/spike protection, it's not an absolute (however, I don't believe that any stab/spike vests are rated for ballistic threats, at all).

Blunt trauma is just as lethal as penetrating—sometimes more (can’t bandage or pack internal bleeding).

Yup, the deformation on the back side is a big problem - https://codecjay.medium.com/could-this-be-john-wicks-bulletproof-suit-in-reality-7fd4379c0da6 . It remains a big reason why I really don't trust off-brand ballistic helmets, at all.

However, can you recommend a company that sells bulletproof clothing? Because I'm still a noob in this sector, I'd probably ask someone who knows a lot about it. I would appreciate that very much. Thanks in advance!

"Clothing," as in what you or I may wear around the house, to the store, or to work?

1639675983214.png

Or are you talking about actual ballistic protection - bullet-resistant armor, like this concealable soft-armor vest -

1639676051919.png

- or the overt, hard-plate carrier type, below?

1639676098849.png

This looks interesting: Kevlar fabric for your clothes:

It's not that expensive, and it looks like it could be easily sewn in as an inner liner to your pants, jacket, etc. You could even put it in the door panels of your car.

Something like this would not give you perfect protection, but it would likely protect you from death or a crippling injury if you got shot or stabbed. Best of all, it looks lightweight enough so that you would actually wear it every day. Kind of like my small pocket-carry Ruger - I might not be able to draw as fast as someone who carries IWB, but it's so lightweight and out-of-the-way that I hardly notice that I have it, and I therefore carry it every day.

Several manufacturers have been making bullet resistant clothing for years. The kevlar is removable as it would be destroyed by most cleaning practices.

https://www.samsurinonline.com/us/safety/ (I have both a suit and a leather jacket from them as well as a sport coat.)

https://miguelcaballero.com (They supply most of the upper level drug dealers as well as SA politicians - it is rumored they did suits for Obama.)

https://www.samsurinonline.com/us/safety/ (I have both a suit and a leather jacket from them as well as a sport coat.)

https://miguelcaballero.com (They supply most of the upper level drug dealers as well as SA politicians - it is rumored they did suits for Obama.)
Ever shoot it ?

Back