testtest

Kimber ds9c

I finally held one at the LGS. It was a good looking gun and felt good in the hand but for $1500 I can think of other handguns I would rather have.
They are selling it at MSRP. Should be able to find one online in a few months for $200-300 or maybe more under MSRP online.

I never buy at LGS unless it's a good deal on a used gun they got on trade or purchased for pennies on the dollar from some poor soul. I can justify donating $100-$300 AND the extra 6% VA tax on that extra $100-$300 to my LGS over what I can get the same gun for online.

Last edited:
I purchased one a few months ago.
For the first range trip I shot 220 rounds through it. The first 50 were Winchester 124 gr NATO rounds. I like to use those for the first shots through a new gun because it's a little stouter round and it helps to break in the pistol and loosen things up. After that I switched to 115 Blazer Brass. I've used that round in most every 9mm I've shot and it's always been great. So after 220 rounds I'm happy to report that the little Kimber shot perfectly without even the hint of a hiccup.
Recoil with the NATO round was a little snappy, but the 115 was smoother. The action cycled quickly and I never once felt as it the slide were dragging or slow and it fed perfectly. The trigger is not what I would consider great, but it is really good and definitely very shootable. With my Lyman digital gage it measures 3lb 15oz average after 5 pulls. It has a definite wall and if I really look for it, a tiny bit of creep. It breaks crisply and has a short, but tactile and audible reset. It's not Dan Wesson smooth, but very respectable considering the big price difference.
I thought that the grip might be a bit slippery, but after shooting it, I have no complaints. It fits my hand well and is very comfortable. Between the beaver tail and the bump on the lower front of the grip your hand locks on and stays put.
I'm very well pleased with the Kimber. If I really want to be nitpicky I can always find a few things to complain about. If I had my choice I would put a thinner front sight on it. Although it does have a fiber optic sight, the sight itself is about the width of most combat style sights and covers a large amount of target the farther the target is out there. To me that affects accuracy because the bullseye is covered. A thinner fiber optic sight would help this. Other than that, to me it's a great firearm especially considering the fact that it cost me less than $1300 delivered to my FFL. I'm not saying it's perfect and I'm not saying that there isn't better out there, but I think they will cost several hundreds more at around $2K. To me the KDS9C is a great value.

Attachments

• Kimber 1.jpg
    Kimber 1.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Kimber 2.jpg
    Kimber 2.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 45
Just a quick addition. I don't know what the OP is looking for in a handgun. We've been bombarded with 9mm all metal compacts lately, but don't forget the CZ Shadow 2 compact.
The CZS2 is the one that I would choose if I could have only one.
It is a fantastic handgun!
If you can find one at a reasonable price it's one heck of a bargain. Check it out.

Just a quick addition. I don't know what the OP is looking for in a handgun. We've been bombarded with 9mm all metal compacts lately, but don't forget the CZ Shadow 2 compact.
The CZS2 is the one that I would choose if I could have only one.
It is a fantastic handgun!
If you can find one at a reasonable price it's one heck of a bargain. Check it out.
I have this on ordered at LGS. Having and loving the full Size CZ Shadow 2 Orange, I just have to have the compact version as well.

Owner of current LGS here went to shot show and all he could talk about was this gun. He did shoot it at the range there for dealers and said it was great. I have not seen one yet but will wait to comment until I put it in my hand. It does look good.

Kimber just recently added two variations of the KS9C, two with a rail. They come in new colors with a tool rail and one 18 and one 15 round magazines. The dark gray and black one looks especially nice IMO.

They look fantastic, but the MSRP jumped from $1495 to now $1903! Four hundred dollars for a rail and one larger capacity magazine is a lot of money.

One local shop in northern AZ was a Kimber distributor for many years. They recently got the word from Kimber that prices would increase about $300 msrp. The shop cancelled it's distributorship and sold off all of their remaining stock of Kimber firearms at the original msrp.

Sad because I've owned several Kimber 1911 pro and ultra pistols and all have been reliable and accurate. I still own one 1911 Pro and a pistol, two of my favorite pistols.

Getting to the point I will not be able to purchase all these new firearms if prices start to climb like that.

Yep. It's a nice looking gun. But at 2 grand it's beyond my reach. Especially once you figure in holster, optic, light so you can make use of the rail, extra mags...ultimately it would probably be more along the lines of $2,200 - $2,300 with necessary add-ons even if you consider the street price isn't gonna be $1,903. I suppose with inflation it shouldn't be surprising that firearm prices would start to get outrageous like everything else, but still...as @RLB said, $400 for a rail is pretty frikkin steep.

Back