testtest

Knives vs. Rifles- some data

Dunno the truth of this; as we all [should] know you can do a lot of finagling with statistics…note that this compares blades to rifles only…anyway:

Thanks TW,
Yup on stats. It still isn't surprising on differences even if stats are a little off. Long guns are more difficult to conceal and wield.

I believe it. Thugs kill people with their knives daily. Rifles are the least common weapons used in crime. I would even guess the multiplier (3.5X) is an agenda driven exaggeration.
Pistols may be a different story.

I believe it. Thugs kill people with their knives daily. Rifles are the least common weapons used in crime. I would even guess the multiplier (3.5X) is an agenda driven exaggeration.
Pistols may be a different story.
It’s gotten bad enough in Britain that they’ve had legislation to limit simple, traditional pocket knives now. ( dunno how far it’s gone, though)

It’s gotten bad enough in Britain that they’ve had legislation to limit simple, traditional pocket knives now. ( dunno how far it’s gone, though)
Has been an increase of crime and violence in may places throughout the world. Some is to gain media attention, some isn't. Countries opening up their borders w/o good screening to radicals from other countries usually comes with a pricetag?

A pocket knife isn't really ideal for murdering people. The notorious Manson Family murders' police reports referred to one of those crazy women using a Buck knife to kill the coffee heiress Abigail Folger. It was a lot of work. She was stabbed dozens of times.
The following night the killers went to the Labianca house with much longer knives. I was a teenager then and those killings terrorized LA in those days. We had to hear all about them.

Legislating bans only disarm the law-abiding anyway. Criminals going out to commit murder couldn't care less about those laws.

Back