testtest

Kudos to guns.com

javbike

Professional
I know some of you are reluctant to purchase a handgun on line . This is my 4 gun with them this last gun was a smith and Wesson model 10 just wanted to share my experience with you guys . I finished all the necessary paper work on line press the button to buy as soon as I finished the price dropped by 85 bucks I said hell no I getting that back so I text them they say they couldn’t give me my money back but they have a safe buy by norton covers this kind of thing up to 100 dollars so I file all the necessary paper work got my check in 10 days in the mail this gun.com is a legitimate company if you want to buy online they do have a lot of guns. Just check the pricing.

I know some of you are reluctant to purchase a handgun on line . This is my 4 gun with them this last gun was a smith and Wesson model 10 just wanted to share my experience with you guys . I finished all the necessary paper work on line press the button to buy as soon as I finished the price dropped by 85 bucks I said hell no I getting that back so I text them they say they couldn’t give me my money back but they have a safe buy by norton covers this kind of thing up to 100 dollars so I file all the necessary paper work got my check in 10 days in the mail this gun.com is a legitimate company if you want to buy online they do have a lot of guns. Just check the pricing.
I have been reluctant to buy. Thanks for sharing your experience. So far, I have had good experiences with PSA, Springfield Armory, Savage & Optics Planet. All my used purchases have been face to face using Armslist. Thanks again

I've bought from guns.com before, very good customer service and super quick shipping to my local FFL. I got a Sig Sauer P320X Compact from them last year and it was at my local FFL in just a bit over 48 hours coming from quite a ways away. I've had no issues at all with them.

Hi,

I've purchased three handguns online in the last two years, never had a problem. Guns.com and grabagun.com have good customer service. I'm sure there are many more reputable online dealers. Like @Bassbob says, do your homework (check BBB, online reviews, etc) and you should be ok. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences. Don't be afraid to share the bad ones too. 😉

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I have purchased several guns on line and did not have a problem until the last purchase.

You would think that ordering direct from the manufacturer would be as safe as you could get but you would be wrong. A year ago, I ordered a Desert Tech MDRX with the Mantis hand guard. The website promised an August delivery. August came and went with no word. Calls went to voice mail with no response. An email to their sales address finally produced a terse response stating a December delivery date. During my wait, a torque wrench and the hand guard dribbled in. The barrel kit came in in December. The chassis was finally shipped at the end of February to the FFL but I could not get the tracking number from DT.

When I finally took it out to the range, I could only get one shot off before it stopped working. putting the safety on then off would allow the trigger to work for one more shot. An email to the sales guy I had an address for get a response with the email of the warranty department and a form to do a warranty return. I emailed warranty department telling them that I would like to just speak to a tech for 5 minutes to discuss the issue - No response. Knowing how long it took just to get the rifle, there was no way I was going to send it back in. I did a total disassemble, found the issue and fixed it.

When I was at the range, the second issue that came up was with the tripod hand guard. The right leg would drop one notch with each shot. The hand guard is made by BLK LBL in Canada and to their credit, I received a response to my email the next day requesting I send it in for repair via USPS. On April 11th, I dropped $50 ( for 1.5 lbs) at USPS to get it to them with all of the markings they requested to clear customs. The package processed through Chicago USPS on the 14th. Tracking now shows the package is held in Canadian Customs as of the 18th. Who knows if I will ever get it back.

I was planning to get additional barrel kits for the chassis but after this experience, there is no way I will invest additional money.

Back