testtest

Laguna Seca Sued by Rich Neighbors for Being a Race Track

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The historic track’s neighbors, which primarily consist of subdivisions built around country clubs, want racing shut down forever.

1705861686616.png

Unfortunately, this is happening to tracks all across America, most of which were there long before these "entitled neighbors" built their homes around them. Many small local tracks that entertained thousands of race fans weekly are now gone, being out-moneyed by these wealthy invaders despite the tax revenue the tracks bring in and support for local businesses. Laguna Seca is an historic racing venue and I hope they will prevail in court.

I rode my BMW to Leguna Seca decades ago to watch some bike races. It was either that or see my niece get married. Had a great time. The wife went to the wedding and the happy bride got divorced. I made the right choice.
It's annoying to have people move close to X and later try to shut it down. Pound sand you bags.

Williams AFB existed from 1941-1993 next to the Mesa GM Proving Grounds that existed from 1953-2002 in the east valley of metro Phoenix. The two sites sat on thousands of acres. Developers started building homes nearby and you know the rest. People whined about the noise. And developers and politicians wanted to develop the thousands of desert acreage.

We used to love watching the USAF jets flying in and out of Williams and as a car club we were invited to see some of the GM cars/trucks that were "in the works".

The nearby cities wanted to turn the former WAFB into a "reliever air port" for Phoenix Sky Harbor. So we then had large commercial 737/747 jets low flying in and out 24/7/365. Noisier than the USAF ever was. The former GM proving grounds filled with thousands of cookie cutter homes. We moved 100 miles away and now the same thing is happening to our small rural airport.

Last edited:
The historic track’s neighbors, which primarily consist of subdivisions built around country clubs, want racing shut down forever.

View attachment 51072
This “woke” bull 💩 is only going to get worse. What a shame and cluster F. This country is turning into.

There's a dirt track near here in Pevely, Mo. just down the street from one of my favorite LGS. That track has been here since long before I was born. In the late 70s they started developing the area around it for subdivisions. I can recall as far back as junior high school people whining about the noise and trying to get it shut down.

This thead reminds me of a term “United States of the Offended” that was coined by radio commentor Robert D. Raiford, who was featured on the John Boy and Billy Show – a Charlotte based radio program heard weekday mornings at stations all over the South. As Mr. Raiford put it, “Liberals go out of their way looking for something to offend them, and get their panties in a knot when they find it.” Robert D was a curmudgeon right up to the end!

Read more at: https://www.roanoke-chowannewsherald.com/2016/04/19/the-united-states-of-the-offended/

Steve Lehto is a Michigan attorney who has practiced in the fields of Lemon Law and Consumer Protection for 32 years. He has written extensively on a variety of topics and taught both law and history. Lehto's Law is the reincarnation of a talk show that he hosted for a decade on the radio in Michigan. This is Steve Lehto's take on this situation concerning the Laguna Seca race track:

Our local NASCAR track has for whatever reason been closed for three years and now the powers to be have taken the race to downtown Chicago.
I just don't get it.
The Route 66 Drag Strip has only one weekend, so I hope NASCAR will come back.
d9ef137090518f0b3831552471d1a19c-62691318.jpg

chicago-herp-3953269500.jpg

he mentions a gun range nearby, but they ain't doing nothing about that..

i say..."in time they will get that shut down as well"

He also mentions that the county owns the land that the race track is on. You'd think the folks that run the track would have had the foresight to see this fight shaping up years ago.

Back