testtest

Laser or Irons?

Do you prefer a laser for your concealed carry piece?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Ditto on the top notch Alien Gear customer service. You're able to contact them by phone and able to speak with a real person who actually helps you.
Way better than automated if it's anything like hands free calling. Example: I said "Call Bailey" and the voice conformation said "Calling Mario"! It's nice to have a knowledgable and live person too talk to.

Way better than automated if it's anything like hands free calling. Example: I said "Call Bailey" and the voice conformation said "Calling Mario"! It's nice to have a knowledgable and live person too talk to.
Far better than hands-free calling. There are instances when using the hands-free in my truck, and it responds as you said "calling......", and It's not who you want, no matter how you try annunciating.
I think those hands-free systems need to be setup for regional accents, etc, such as southern, northern, etc, accents. :)

Far better than hands-free calling. There are instances when using the hands-free in my truck, and it responds as you said "calling......", and It's not who you want, no matter how you try annunciating.
I think those hands-free systems need to be setup for regional accents, etc, such as southern, northern, etc, accents. :)
So true!

I carry with a laser.

I practice with a laser.

I also practice withOUT the laser - it's an augmentation, not a crutch, and there's always a chance it won't light when I draw - at which time I'd have to rely on irons, so I want to stay proficient either way.

I've learned how to "lead" the laser, just like the irons - if it's dropping down from recoil, when it gets to a certain position I know to fire, and by the time the shot goes downrange it's on target. I also know that when I run a mag, what rhythm to use to keep rounds on target. The XDs takes X amount of time to drop from recoil, so I know - almost like musical time - what rhythm I need to use and stay accurate while being fast.

Practice, practice, practice - learn your weapon, learn your loads, learn your sights...and you'll hit what you need to hit.

You actually can do that, to an extent. If you set the spoken language to say french/spanish then make the typing language english. The result is an english spoken with an accent.

I have a Lasermax on my Ruger LCP, as at the time I got it, it was only a few bucks more to get it with the laser from the factory, and I felt a red dot on someone's chest would be useful if I had to aim and fire quickly. I practice with the laser enough to ensure it stays zeroed at the 10 to 20 foot range I would expect to use the LCP at.

Iron sights for me. I have been shooting the tritium 3 dot's forever. I know a lot of folks aren't necessarily a fan of that particular setup. I do have an XDS mod 2 with the tritium front and blacked out rear. Didnt know if I would like the blacked out rear as I am a creature of habit. It works as the front is nice and bright. Actually one of my favorites.

Back